Come Inside... > The Sports Bar

Will Southampton FC make the play-offs?

(1/4) > >>

Snoopy:
And if they do will they get back to the Premier League?

Come On You Saints!

Barman:

--- Quote from: Snoopy on May 01, 2007, 12:11:23 PM ---And if they do will they get back to the Premier League?

Come On You Saints!

--- End quote ---
This is about football is it?  whistle:

Snoopy:

--- Quote from: Barman on May 01, 2007, 12:24:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: Snoopy on May 01, 2007, 12:11:23 PM ---And if they do will they get back to the Premier League?

Come On You Saints!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I have always "Supported" Southampton FC because I was raised there.
I have been to 2 professional football matches in my life. When I was eight (1955) my Dad took me to watch the Saints because Stanley Matthews was playing (for the other side) in one of his last games as a professional. The second was in 1976 when I took my own eight year old son to Wembley to watch the Saints beat Manchester United in the FA Cup.

My support for the team consists of checking their scores and position in the league on a Sunday morning when I reach the last pages of the papers. I don't even bother with the match reports. My elder daughter is a devout fan however ~ goes to every match she can get to (and she lives in Milton Keynes!!!)

This is my token gesture to being masculine ~ used mainly when I have a haircut. It's that or talk about holidays in Costa Fortune ~ which I have never done.

Barman:

--- Quote from: Snoopy on May 01, 2007, 12:41:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: Barman on May 01, 2007, 12:24:46 PM ---

Come On You Saints!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I have always "Supported" Southampton FC because I was raised there.
I have been to 2 professional football matches in my life. When I was eight (1955) my Dad took me to watch the Saints because Stanley Matthews was playing (for the other side) in one of his last games as a professional. The second was in 1976 when I took my own eight year old son to Wembley to watch the Saints beat Manchester United in the FA Cup.

My support for the team consists of checking their scores and position in the league on a Sunday morning when I reach the last pages of the papers. I don't even bother with the match reports. My elder daughter is a devout fan however ~ goes to every match she can get to (and she lives in Milton Keynes!!!)

This is my token gesture to being masculine ~ used mainly when I have a haircut. It's that or talk about holidays in Costa Fortune ~ which I have never done.

--- End quote ---
I went to see Chelsea get beaten 2-1 by Stoke at Stamford Bridge when I was about 12 and have never been again.

Most exciting game I have seen was when Greece won, um something a couple of years ago. They had a big-screen in the village square and everybody turned out for the occasion wearing t-shits with the flag on.

Luckily, Mrs. Barman cuts my hair so I don?t have to converse with her at all ? let alone show an interest in footie!

Bar Wench:
Crikey even I've been to more footie than the two of you!  redface:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version