Disgusterous

Author Topic: Mahoooooosive Spider  (Read 32454 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Mahoooooosive Spider
« Reply #345 on: September 27, 2021, 11:47:24 AM »
So we're now going through a moral dilemma.  I throw this to the wisdom bank of the VP

Mrs K detests spiders big time.  This makes me a hero several times a week as I trap Mr/Ms Six Legs and deposit them outside the front door.  Now we read that they don't survive outside and can die within hours  cry:

Do we

- let them run wild in the house and I lose my (mostly vestigial) hero status?

- just kill them when seen and I not only lose said hero status but look a meanie?

- still throw them out to die a slow horrible death - and me look a bigger meanie

- throw them in the garage - and get all my stuff covered in cobwebs?

- try looking at this from a wider perspective than my outcome?

I kill ants, the millipedes go down the bog but I let spiders run free - apart from the mahoosive ones which take their chances outside...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #346 on: September 27, 2021, 12:22:04 PM »
Oh yes ants in the house = doom for them. 
no matter how many instances of white swans we may have observed, this does not justify the conclusion that all swans are white.  (Karl Popper)

Offline Nick

« Reply #347 on: September 27, 2021, 02:06:05 PM »
I have a Daddy Longlegs crisis here noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #348 on: September 27, 2021, 02:43:07 PM »

The LadyBugs will eat them...  Thumbs:

...or the other way around or something...  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #349 on: September 27, 2021, 03:02:16 PM »
So we're now going through a moral dilemma.  I throw this to the wisdom bank of the VP

Mrs K detests spiders big time.  This makes me a hero several times a week as I trap Mr/Ms Six Legs and deposit them outside the front door.  Now we read that they don't survive outside and can die within hours  cry:

Do we

- let them run wild in the house and I lose my (mostly vestigial) hero status?

- just kill them when seen and I not only lose said hero status but look a meanie?

- still throw them out to die a slow horrible death - and me look a bigger meanie

- throw them in the garage - and get all my stuff covered in cobwebs?

- try looking at this from a wider perspective than my outcome?

I see a solution here for the pair of you. Box up the spiders and post them to Nick, then they can take care of the daddy longlegs problem..  :thumbsup:

What's the worst that could happen?  whistle:
You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #350 on: September 27, 2021, 03:43:12 PM »
Well what has currently happened here is we have a spider amnesty on forced evictions and as a result loads of cobwebs with dead/dying daddy longlegs stuck in them.  But then aren't they the cause of leather jackets?

Aint nature compelcated?

no matter how many instances of white swans we may have observed, this does not justify the conclusion that all swans are white.  (Karl Popper)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #351 on: October 07, 2021, 09:08:12 PM »

eeek:
You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #352 on: October 08, 2021, 06:10:05 AM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #353 on: October 08, 2021, 08:45:53 AM »
WTF???  eeek:

Break out the flamethrower, I do not want to know what the hell is in that egg sac  scared2:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #355 on: October 18, 2021, 10:55:54 AM »
Why do I get the feeling this is along the lines of how Baldymort would react..?  whistle:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10102369/Bizarre-footage-captures-moment-man-fends-huntsman-spider.html

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #356 on: October 18, 2021, 11:04:38 AM »
Why do I get the feeling this is along the lines of how Baldymort would react..?  whistle:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10102369/Bizarre-footage-captures-moment-man-fends-huntsman-spider.html

evil:

24g of #8 would have sorted that!  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General