Disgusterous

Author Topic: The Tour de France 2014  (Read 4899 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: The Tour de France 2014
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 08:26:41 AM »
Oh yes ...the joy of road closures in central london im addition to thousands more than normal annoying people  evil:

Well I'm still going to see it later.  If I see an irate woman with an axe I'll know exactly what to do . . .

. . . shout "World Cup sweepstake loser" and leg it fast
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 05:11:07 AM »
The atmosphere is great to experience.   An amazing start to the race both with the crowds, the scenery and humour displayed along the route. cloud9:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 06:25:29 AM »
One good thing ~ Epping council repaired the potholes in the High Street.  :thumbsup:

If only the bicyclists had come this village.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 09:38:06 AM »
The atmosphere is great to experience.   An amazing start to the race both with the crowds, the scenery and humour displayed along the route. cloud9:
Yep, a seriously feel good time.  Sadly methinks they all missed it Tipsy and it won't be back in the UK for at least 5 years, probably longer.

Twas great at Stratford, just in front of John Lewis who amazingly were still selling fold up chairs dirt cheap.  We then watched the finish on the big screen in the Olympic park.  Shame no Cav but you can't have it all.  Thanks to Yorkshire and Boris who bankrolled it all this time.

To complete a bonkers day we then all then went on to the posh-ish flower show preview evening at Hampton court.  Home just before 2am.   Today is a complete  surrender: for me

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 09:52:17 PM »
Have to say well won Mr Nibbles the Italian star but once again ITV4 gets most praise from me for the excellent evening highlights coverage over the last 3 weeks. 

Will really miss that for a year, British TV at its best is unbeatable

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 07:01:28 AM »
Have to say well won Mr Nibbles the Italian star but once again ITV4 gets most praise from me for the excellent evening highlights coverage over the last 3 weeks. 

I tried ITV on Day 1 but went back to Eurosport for the rest of it, I prefer the banter between Carlton Kirby and Sean Kelly, great viewing
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 09:24:13 AM »

I tried ITV on Day 1 but went back to Eurosport for the rest of it, I prefer the banter between Carlton Kirby and Sean Kelly, great viewing
Will give it another go again next year.  Eurosport does tennis brilliantly.