Disgusterous

Author Topic: Yanks cock up execution  (Read 5411 times)

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Yanks cock up execution
« on: April 30, 2014, 10:03:03 AM »
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/30/oklahoma-execution-botched-clayton-lockett

What is this all about? I have witnessed large animals being put down many times, mainly horses.
The injections by the Vet take effect so quickly, you have to move your feet to avoid the dead body as it hits the ground.
The same with captive bolt despatching.

What are they doing messing about with 'new cocktails of drugs' when there are proven methods that are instantaneous?

I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Yanks cock up execution
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 10:10:29 AM »
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/30/oklahoma-execution-botched-clayton-lockett

What is this all about? I have witnessed large animals being put down many times, mainly horses.
The injections by the Vet take effect so quickly, you have to move your feet to avoid the dead body as it hits the ground.

What are they doing messing about with 'new cocktails of drugs' when there are proven methods that are instantaneous?

Did you mean to put this in The Comedy Room....?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 10:50:36 AM »

Errr no. The Commons.
Too close together.   redface:
I mostly despair

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 10:51:49 AM »

Errr no. The Commons.

I've used that excuse... noooo:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 10:53:44 AM »

Errr no. The Commons.

I've used that excuse... noooo:

Top hole!  :thumbsup:
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 11:32:21 AM »
This is The Commons you know.....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 11:35:13 AM »

Sorry.  redface:

My serious thread for 2014 hoist by my own petard.  sad24:
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 11:56:01 AM »

Sorry.  redface:

lol: lol: lol:

Reference the OP, I've never understood why execution seemed to be such a complicated process when other drugs are available...

... nor why it should need to be painful.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 12:07:50 PM »

Sorry.  redface:

Reference the OP, I've never understood why execution seemed to be such a complicated process when other drugs are available...

Very much my point.

If 5 minutes is too long for a shot badger to live, why mess about with anything that's not guaranteed for people.
I mostly despair

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 03:53:29 PM »

Sorry.  redface:

Very much my point.

If 5 minutes is too long for a shot badger to live, why mess about with anything that's not guaranteed for people.

The bloke shot a girl, then watched his mates bury her while still alive.  noooo:

Now everyone is up in arms about him having a slow death.  noooo:

I hope the dead girl's parents managed to see him squirming on the gurney for the time it took the shit to finally croak, before they closed the blinds to the public gallery due to problems of him not exiting in a nice peacefull way.  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 04:40:45 PM »

Possibly because the drugs they were using are now embargoed for delivery to the USA for that purpose

AFAIK there are very few 'instant' methods of execution, there's a lot that stop the flow of blood to the brain instantly or instantly disable the muscles either of which nigh on instantly disable the body so it looks dead but the brain keeps working for a while longer.  So many people have survived shots to the head, even very close shots that that won't be instant either.

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 05:11:04 PM »
This is something that has never made any real sense to me. Depending on bodyweight the lethal dose of potassium or sodium. cyanide. is 200 to 300 mg and hydrocyanic acid is 50 mg so instead of experimenting with new compounds just combine all three into a single injection, job done. Now take the resources that you were going to put into developing a new lethal injection and put them into beneficial medical research.  noooo: 
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 05:29:42 PM »
This is something that has never made any real sense to me. Depending on bodyweight the lethal dose of potassium or sodium. cyanide. is 200 to 300 mg and hydrocyanic acid is 50 mg so instead of experimenting with new compounds just combine all three into a single injection, job done. Now take the resources that you were going to put into developing a new lethal injection and put them into beneficial medical research.  noooo:
Would be illegal under USA law (IIRC their constitution).  While for obvious reasons I've never experienced it nor spoken to anyone that has, I'm reliably informed that cyanide is a nasty way to go.
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 05:40:11 PM »
Would be illegal under USA law (IIRC their constitution).  While for obvious reasons I've never experienced it nor spoken to anyone that has, I'm reliably informed that cyanide is a nasty way to go.

Perfect.  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 07:23:31 AM »
Another 'bodged execution'.... ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs: