Author Topic: Bizarre Things You Are Paying For  (Read 48844 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Bizarre Things You Are Paying For
« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2015, 11:15:29 PM »
Wonder if it's worth emailling that rant to Nige in preparation for the TV debates...   eveilgrin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2015, 02:46:39 PM »
Guidance? GUIDANCE?? I'm sorry but in the real world when an employee uses expenses to pay for a new computer or flash piece of kit they are not allowed to take it with them when they leave so why the fuck are our elected troughers able to do so and do to so just before they leave can only be described as blatantly defrauding the taxpayer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2905031/MPs-6-000-spending-spree-computers-taxpayer-s-expense-just-quit.html

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2015, 03:06:16 PM »
Guidance? GUIDANCE?? I'm sorry but in the real world when an employee uses expenses to pay for a new computer or flash piece of kit they are not allowed to take it with them when they leave so why the fuck are our elected troughers able to do so and do to so just before they leave can only be described as blatantly defrauding the taxpayer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2905031/MPs-6-000-spending-spree-computers-taxpayer-s-expense-just-quit.html
noooo:  Tim Yeo again  ::)
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2015, 03:22:18 PM »

Scum...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2015, 04:37:38 PM »
I deliberately avoided talking about that slimy lying troughing cockroach as if I started I'd have spend the day letting rip  noooo:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2015, 04:08:07 PM »
Just let me see if I have this straight, £1 million to upgrade your subsidised private gym?? £1 million that could have been put to better use paying for essential services such as firemen, police officers, doctors, nurses and you think that it is perfectly justified to have it pay for your new fitness suite???  And just what the hell is a bloody spinning studio  cussing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2915263/MPs-sweat-taxpayers-1million-upgrade-House-Commons-gym-featuring-new-sauna-spinning-studio-named-Speaker.html

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #171 on: February 22, 2015, 12:08:47 PM »
An Essex council is at the centre of a political row after paying its chief executive £105,000 a year to run vital public services – from her home on the holiday island of Cyprus.
Jo-Anne Ireland emigrated to the sun-kissed Mediterranean isle in December, but has remained in her post through an arrangement lambasted as ‘bizarre beyond belief’ and an ‘absolute scandal’.
The 43-year-old is conducting business via email, phone calls and video conferences from her home 2,000 miles from Brentwood’s town hall – but critics say that is ‘not good enough’ for someone in charge of a £60 million-a-year budget.

rubschin:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2015, 12:40:39 PM »
An Essex council is at the centre of a political row after paying its chief executive £105,000 a year to run vital public services – from her home on the holiday island of Cyprus.
Jo-Anne Ireland emigrated to the sun-kissed Mediterranean isle in December, but has remained in her post through an arrangement lambasted as ‘bizarre beyond belief’ and an ‘absolute scandal’.
The 43-year-old is conducting business via email, phone calls and video conferences from her home 2,000 miles from Brentwood’s town hall – but critics say that is ‘not good enough’ for someone in charge of a £60 million-a-year budget.

rubschin:

The explanation is there in one word:  Brentwood.  When they built the A12 Brentwood by pass they worked out (probably correctly) there was no need to provide an exit to actually go into Brentwood.

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2015, 12:48:35 PM »

rubschin:

The explanation is there in one word:  Brentwood.  When they built the A12 Brentwood by pass they worked out (probably correctly) there was no need to provide an exit to actually go into Brentwood.

noooo:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #174 on: March 03, 2015, 11:39:02 AM »
Half a million pound to move your office a couple of hundred yards down the road. How many police officers could otherwise be funded for a year on that money.  Banghead

I've met the PCC for Devon and Cornwall and I have to say.........................he is a fucking moron who I wouldn't trust to organise a piss up in a brewery.  cussing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-31673560

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #175 on: March 03, 2015, 11:52:51 AM »
Half a million pound to move your office a couple of hundred yards down the road. How many police officers could otherwise be funded for a year on that money.  Banghead

I've met the PCC for Devon and Cornwall and I have to say.........................he is a fucking moron who I wouldn't trust to organise a piss up in a brewery.  cussing:

And why is he paying £100K a year to rent an office in the first place?  eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #176 on: March 03, 2015, 12:30:35 PM »

And why is he paying £100K a year to rent an office in the first place?  eeek:
Quite.  I wonder if he has a deal with the landlord

Does anyone know of a single PCC that the world wouldn't be a better place if they'd kindly find another planet to go waste space in?

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2015, 09:39:55 PM »
This is more of a prediction but something tells me that he will claim his airfare on expenses.  Banghead

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-31832177

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2015, 09:47:42 PM »
This is more of a prediction but something tells me that he will claim his airfare on expenses.  Banghead

Seems that bird here started something........ noooo:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #179 on: March 11, 2015, 09:57:18 PM »

A Suffolk man will be right at home in North Carolina where everybody is a blood relative.
I mostly despair