Author Topic: My new project  (Read 674 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
My new project
« on: February 22, 2021, 03:02:44 PM »
My mate Lenny at Canal and River Trust has been put in charge of a small local canal (Nottingham to Beeston).  He has asked me to write a brief history of the canal since it was started in 1792  angel1

Interesting stories, interesting events, interesting locations, what it was used for and so on.

Particularly fond of this:  In 1812 some muppet was storing many many barrels of gunpowder in a warehouse. Another muppet noticed one of these barrels was leaking. He wondered what would hapen if he dropped some hot ashes  onto the gunpowder.  facepalm: facepalm:

The resulting bang blew him 120 feet and destroyed three buildings and their contents and could be heard 15 miles away  noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: My new project
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 03:13:19 PM »
My mate Lenny at Canal and River Trust has been put in charge of a small local canal (Nottingham to Beeston).  He has asked me to write a brief history of the canal since it was started in 1792  angel1

Interesting stories, interesting events, interesting locations, what it was used for and so on.

Particularly fond of this:  In 1812 some muppet was storing many many barrels of gunpowder in a warehouse. Another muppet noticed one of these barrels was leaking. He wondered what would hapen if he dropped some hot ashes  onto the gunpowder.  facepalm: facepalm:

The resulting bang blew him 120 feet and destroyed three buildings and their contents and could be heard 15 miles away  noooo:

Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 03:20:17 PM »

How old does he think you are. eeek:

Offline Nick

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 03:28:38 PM »
 ::)

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 04:53:17 PM »

eeek:

Didn't realise Nod was that old
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Nick

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 05:09:33 PM »
Strangely, Nod knew exactly what the gunpowder was for  rubschin:

Offline Miss Demeanour