Author Topic: Do not eat the cake at a Cypriot church!  (Read 993 times)

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
Do not eat the cake at a Cypriot church!
« on: January 10, 2011, 05:31:32 PM »
On the 6th it was, I believe, Epiphany and quite an important day for the locals.

A friend of mine had his spoilt daughter down from Nicosia for the festivities.

To mark the special occasion she decided to bake a cake to take to church. Unfortunately she left it outside overnight to cool down.  noooo:
In the morning when I went to see them she was very busy blowing ants off of her 'Dundee' style cake. When they anchored down she chose to brush them off with her hands. This had the effect of knocking the nuts off the top of the cake and onto the driveway, she did not see a problem in picking up the nuts and putting them back to their original position. sick2:

I pointed out that it may be a good idea to walk across to the bakery and buy a new one. "I made this especially for the church and I WILL TAKE IT!" came her reply. She then noticed that the ants had managed to burrow into the middle of the cake and as soon as she removed any from the surface more appeared. I did mention the bakery again but that fell on deaf ears.

Time is now running out and she is in a panic. This gerlie has just passed a law degree in the UK (for whatever that is worth when common sense is required) and in her wisdom she came up with the perfect solution......stick it back in the oven for a while and kill all the blighters inside the cake. eeek: So off she pops to the kitchen and cremates the offending creatures.

I met her father today and asked how things went.

Pops: "Very well".
Me: "How about the cake?"
Pops: "People liked it very much"
Me: "Did you eat any of it?"
Pops: "No way! I knew what was in it" followed by huge amounts of belly laughs.

I thought peeps that went to church would not submit their fellow congregation to such an appalling gift knowing the original ingredients had been added to.  ::)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Do not eat the cake at a Cypriot church!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 05:36:34 PM »
EEwwww!  sick2:

We've got that ghastly Flouna coming up soon haven't we...?  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: