Disgusterous

Author Topic: Coming up on the box  (Read 359495 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: Coming up on the box
« Reply #3030 on: November 28, 2016, 10:17:05 PM »
Watched saving private Ryan last night for the first time. Can't believe I've never seen it. cried all the way through. Amazing! Thumbs:

Thumbs:
Thumbs: Thumbs: I defy any human not to be moved by that film, especially the last moments
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3031 on: November 28, 2016, 10:21:00 PM »
Just watched the first episode of the Grand Tour and it was exactly what you have come to expect from the three of them. albeit with a little  stronger language (one of the cars reviewed as "I didn't think it was possible to shit myself to death"). Unlike the BBC who have tried to flog a dead horse, Clarkson and co have transitioned easily to the new format, starting the show off by taking the piss out of each other being previously sacked by broadcasters apart from Jeremy, who then said that now they are on the internet he couldn't be sacked no matter what he did, even pleasuring a horse.

Their replacement for the Stig is going to be entertaining as he is an American NASCAR driver who isn't afraid to comment about the car he is driving and the whole mobile format of the show makes it a far more global affair as they are hosting the show in a custom made marquee tent which will travel to a new country each episode.

I did love the list of dangers/features of the new testing track:

Animals
Woods
Little old lady's house - apparently she is a fan of cars, Jeremy suspects that will change over the next few weeks  lol:
Electricity substation
Unexploded WW2 bomb...  eeek:

All in all I think it's safe to say depending on how hard the BBC tries to keep it going, Top Gear is going to be increasingly sidelined. Well worth a look.  Thumbs:

Excellent!  Thumbs:
Finally got to watch it.  Echo the Meister's review.  It was visually awesome, it was sharp and it was so much better than the BBC's B team Top Gear

But it was 10 maybe 15 minutes too long.  They need to manage that.

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3032 on: December 01, 2016, 05:19:22 PM »
Sent Foggy a weepy fillum. If she watches it Apey will have to swim into the house  noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #3033 on: December 01, 2016, 06:56:29 PM »
Sent Foggy a weepy fillum. If she watches it Apey will have to swim into the house  noooo:

I am working tonight ........ Thumbs:   120 drunk tour operaters ........ noooo:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #3034 on: December 02, 2016, 03:20:45 PM »
Just watched episode three  Thumbs:

This week Jeremy and James decide to go on a grand tour of Italy, in the spirit of the olden days when young men would travel the exotic parts of Europe and drink in the culture (as opposed to these days where they just drink the alcohol).

In keeping with the refined cultural goal they had Jeremy decided to drive the new Aston Martin DB11 (It's NOT brown it's burned orange  lol:) and James the new Rolls Royce....

Then Hammond turned up to join in, driving that most subtle and refined of cars...................the Dodge Hellcat.  lol:

I'm actually surprised that James hadn't killed Hammond by the end of the segment.  lol:

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3035 on: December 02, 2016, 03:28:17 PM »

This week Jeremy and James decide to go on a grand tour of Italy, in the spirit of the olden days when young men would travel the exotic parts of Europe and drink in the culture (as opposed to these days where they just drink the alcohol).

In keeping with the refined cultural goal they had Jeremy decided to drive the new Aston Martin DB11 (It's NOT brown it's burned orange  lol:) and James the new Rolls Royce....

Then Hammond turned up to join in, driving that most subtle and refined of cars...................the Dodge Hellcat.  lol:

I'm actually surprised that James hadn't killed Hammond by the end of the segment.  lol:

Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #3036 on: December 02, 2016, 05:11:25 PM »
Clarkson, Hammond and May voicing a satnav? This could be worth trying just for the hell of it...  lol:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/entertainment/news/a31555/clarkson-hammond-and-may-waze-navigation/
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3037 on: December 02, 2016, 05:20:07 PM »
For Uncle IIRC

Doctor Blake mysteries back on Monday  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3038 on: December 02, 2016, 06:00:29 PM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #3039 on: December 02, 2016, 06:49:55 PM »
For Uncle IIRC

:thumbsup:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3040 on: December 02, 2016, 10:43:33 PM »
For Uncle IIRC

:thumbsup:
Mrs K insisted we went to Ballarat (where it's based) on our recent travels.  Charming little town with a post gold mining heritage.   And what do they have in pride of place in the information office?  A life sized cardboard Doctor Blake.

But I digress

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3041 on: December 04, 2016, 07:52:17 PM »

I thought it was utter shite this week...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #3042 on: December 04, 2016, 08:28:22 PM »
It reminded me more of one of their challenges just without the tasks. It was amusing to watch James melt down though.  lol:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #3043 on: December 09, 2016, 03:39:36 AM »
They boys are back in Whitby again this week, where Jeremy shares his opinion of trip advisor

Jeremy reviews the new Porsche 911 and seems to like it...........the end of the world must be nigh.  scared2:

The american is back testing the new BMW M4 by 'British Motor Works', commenting that "My toothbrush has more power".

The guys have a challenge to make a car from sustainable materials..........and if you weren't sure before, it's clear that Jeremy is not normal

Hammond makes an interesting parking sensor.

I will admit part of the challenge did make me feel a tad nauseous.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3044 on: December 09, 2016, 06:16:06 AM »
They boys are back in Whitby again this week, where Jeremy shares his opinion of trip advisor

Jeremy reviews the new Porsche 911 and seems to like it...........the end of the world must be nigh.  scared2:

The american is back testing the new BMW M4 by 'British Motor Works', commenting that "My toothbrush has more power".

The guys have a challenge to make a car from sustainable materials..........and if you weren't sure before, it's clear that Jeremy is not normal

Hammond makes an interesting parking sensor.

I will admit part of the challenge did make me feel a tad nauseous.

Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: