Author Topic: Avatar  (Read 8120 times)

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
Re: Avatar
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2010, 06:56:13 PM »
OK. Proper report.

As with most James Cameron films since T2 this suffers from predictable plot, wooden dialogue, 2 dimensional characters and and a somewhat tedious 'message'

None of this matters.

What you are left with is a glimpse of the way cinema will be viewed in the future.

The film gives a jaw dropping view of what talented and imaginative filmmakers can do given the technology and money to stretch themselves.

Go and see the 3D version at the pictures. You will not regret the price of the ticket.

GM stylee review: No shagging (except tail mingling that will arouse tree huggers the world over) loads of explosions and bright colours. Sigourney Weaver still looks great and she must be about 85.  eyes:

Sky shown Avatar on Christmas eve, so I finally got to watch the recording yesterday. TG go it right, not much of a plot etc, but thoroughly enjoyable, best bit of telly I've watched over the holiday period so far (not that it's had much to compete with)
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2016, 12:23:48 AM »
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2016, 08:48:52 AM »
Jeez  sleep021
Skubber

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2016, 01:29:07 PM »
I can see it being the replacement for waterboarding...

"So Achmed, will you tell us what we want to know?"

"I will not infidel"

"Very well, you leave us no choice. Corporal, queue the first DVD. We are going to make you watch the entire Avatar series back to back..."

"Please have mercy, can't you just try and drown me again?"
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.