Disgusterous

Author Topic: Avatar  (Read 8121 times)

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
Re: Avatar
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 07:01:02 PM »
have you tried the "Lynx Effect" yet?

erm in his dreams....his wifey is always around so can keep eye on him....they tend to mother him a bit..but in a practical way.... whistle:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 07:08:14 PM »
He gets breast fed?  eeek:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 07:16:07 PM »

Indeed I have. I have been told to feck off on several occasions.  whistle:
I think my cat wants to kill me...

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 07:19:47 PM »

Indeed I have. I have been told to feck off on several occasions.  whistle:

erm....he be so lucky..... noooo:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 07:20:38 PM »
I received the Avatar game for my PS3 as a much welcomed pressie.

I played it from about 11pm on Xmas night till about 2am the next morning.

I would review it for you but I was absolutely hammered so I have no idea what it was like.  point:

I shall try again at some point.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009, 07:28:26 PM »
Did consider getting it for the 360 but I'll wait till you write your review to see what its like. For now I'll stick with Assassins Creed 2 till Mass Effect 2 comes out in a couple of weeks.  cloud9:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 07:38:09 PM »
I am still playing Assassins Creed 2 which I must say is rather good.

From my cider shattered memories I have reccolections of being impressed with the look of it but underwhelmed by the gameplay.

Bit like the film in some ways.

Mind you, I was REALLY pissed.

I shall report when I play it sober.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 10:23:17 PM »
Avatar leaves audience depressed. James Cameron?s 3D sci-fi epic may have been a little too real for some fans, who say they?ve experienced depression ?even had suicidal thoughts? after watching the movie Avatar. Thousands of Avatar fans are complaining that they are uncomfortable with the state of reality after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of Pandora, the enticing utopia featured in the movie, CNN reported this week.

A topic thread entitled ?Ways To Cope With The Depression of The Dream of Pandora Being Intangible,? has received more than 1,000 posts from people experiencing depression after seeing Avatar and fans trying to help them cope.

A forum user identified as ?Mike? says he contemplated suicide after seeing the movie.

?Ever since I went to see ?Avatar? I have been depressed. Watching the wonderful world of Pandora and all the Na?vi made me want to be one of them. I can?t stop thinking about all the things that happened in the film and all of the tears and shivers I got from it,? Mike posted. ?I even contemplate suicide thinking that if I do it I will be rebirthed in a world similar to Pandora and the everything is the same as in ?Avatar?,? he added.

Oh for goodness sake the whole point of films is escapism from reality -  perhaps the whole 3D revolution should stop now to protect these vulnerable types  ::)
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 11:56:52 AM »
Alternatively they could use the "new" technology to produce entertaining films with some semblance of reality instead of demonstrating that they have the workings of a deranged teenage mind.  whistle:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 02:51:36 PM »
So true, the makers get so involved with "look at the special effects" and forget the storyline.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 02:54:34 PM »
So true, the makers get so involved with "look at the special effects" and forget the storyline.

Very true.
I mostly despair

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 07:24:39 PM »
Apparently Cameron is re-releasing Avatar with a whole new 6 MINUTES of bonus footage.

Obviously a massive change to the plot then.  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2010, 10:08:22 AM »
Apparently Cameron is re-releasing Avatar with a whole new 6 MINUTES of bonus footage.

Obviously a massive change to the plot then.  whistle:

It seems it was booted out of 3d cinemas due to the release of Alice in Wonderland' whilst still making shedloads of cash. The DVD is out out at the end of the month for gawds sake.

I shall wait for extra, extra special blu-ray edition with 15 discs and a free spaceship.

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2010, 10:11:44 AM »
Ooh and since we're at it. The Blu-ray edition of the Star Wars movies has been confirmed. With even more extra footage. Where do they find this stuff?

I shall prolly buy it though.  noooo:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2010, 10:25:08 AM »
They find it on the cutting room floor. It seems to me that one is expected to pay extra or at least again to see the original movie PLUS the bits that weren't though good enough to make it the first time round. Sometimes they even call it the "Directors Cut". Who the f*ck cut it in the first place? If you fall for that one you deserve all you get.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.