Author Topic: ?1.35 tail light lamp.  (Read 4029 times)

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
?1.35 tail light lamp.
« on: December 01, 2009, 12:22:23 PM »
Taking the MrsBB to work this morning it was dark thus I turned the lights on. A warning light came up on the dashboard and sure enough, one of the tail lights had gone. I was most dis-chuffed, as nothing should ever go wrong with a Lexus. I can only assume the lamp was not made by them...

Anyhoo, I was further dis-chuffed as I knew that to replace it requires use of a socket set - Lexus don't do the usual cheap and nasty little plastic clippy-in light clusters, theirs are held in with four lovely studs and being in Swine Town, I obviously didn't have many tools with me.

So I tootled off to Halfords and purchased the lamp and rather than let one of the slack-jawed yokels that work there do it, also purchased a little 30 piece socket set. Half price - bargain. It shall remain in the boot.

So a ?1.35 bulb cost nearly ?15 in total. Bastards.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: ?1.35 tail light lamp.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 12:24:27 PM »
Taking the MrsBB to work this morning it was dark thus I turned the lights on. A warning light came up on the dashboard and sure enough, one of the tail lights had gone. I was most dis-chuffed, as nothing should ever go wrong with a Lexus. I can only assume the lamp was not made by them...

Anyhoo, I was further dis-chuffed as I knew that to replace it requires use of a socket set - Lexus don't do the usual cheap and nasty little plastic clippy-in light clusters, theirs are held in with four lovely studs and being in Swine Town, I obviously didn't have many tools with me.

So I tootled off to Halfords and purchased the lamp and rather than let one of the slack-jawed yokels that work there do it, also purchased a little 30 piece socket set. Half price - bargain. It shall remain in the boot.

point:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 12:26:36 PM »

point:

It shall be recouped on expenses...anyhooo, the bar is open now...

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 12:32:36 PM »

point:

It shall be recouped on expenses...anyhooo, the bar is open now...

Excellent!

Just got back from a quick trip on my bike... I've taken the dB killers out of the LeoVinces...  whistle:

Went past a pedestrian at 165Kph/10,000RPM and he looked like he'd just been stuck with a cattle prod!  eveilgrin: Rather like this >>>  eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 12:33:08 PM »
But Moany, think of all the new found joy you'll reap from the newly aquired socket set.

It will come in handy one day for one of those annoying little tasks that crop up...problee on crimbo day in fact for undoing the battery compartment on.... summat.. you've bought Mrs MRTB p'raps? eyes:

I've actually found Halfrauds tools to be of fairly high quality tbh, which is more than can be said for the majority of their munting staff sadly. ::)

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 12:36:25 PM »

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 12:40:42 PM »
True Growler, one can never have enough tools.

Dunno if that was intended or not, but actually..... lol:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 12:43:42 PM »
I've still got the Halfords socket set I bought to work on my Austin 1300 in 1977...  cloud9:

Course it is AF and completely useless now...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 01:08:42 PM »
I've still got the Halfords socket set I bought to work on my Austin 1300 in 1977...  cloud9:

Course it is AF and completely useless now...  noooo:

I've still got my torques socket set from 1996. Been most excellent and helped earn me many spondies.
 Storage box finally disintegrated last month though, so no doubt all the loose bits will gradually disappear. ::)