Disgusterous

Author Topic: Sportsdirect.com@Stjamespark??? ASHLEY YOU CNUT!!!  (Read 889 times)

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Sportsdirect.com@Stjamespark??? ASHLEY YOU CNUT!!!
« on: November 10, 2009, 01:45:20 PM »
Apologies for the strong language but I've only just heard about this abomination. When Ashley first announced he was selling the naming rights for St James' Park I had reservations but figured we'd end up with something like the Emirates Stadium or the Stadium of Shite but this? His power trips while owner have already caused the club to be relegated and now this?  I'm only a casual Toon fan but to say that this has really pissed me off would be an understatement (my initial tirade would have had Snoopy running out of the room with his hands over his ears and hair growing on BM's head just so it could stand on end).  cussing:

9 November 2009 ~ Football clubs are herd animals. Once one gets an idea in their head, no matter how stupid, it can quickly become a stampede. This week the nervous twitching was caused by the notion that the biggest clubs in the country cannot get by without attaching the name of a sponsor to their stadium. Newcastle?s campaign to become the official laughing stock of European football took another bold step forward with the news that they now play at the sportsdirect.com@St James? Park Stadium.

Whats next for this arsehole? Let me guess, as soon as the strip sponsorship deals have run out we'll have the Sportsdirect logo splashed all over their new kit (coincidentally coming from the Sportsdirect budget range). One thing I am certain about is that the cash that the club would have got if they had been sponsored by another company won't be leaving Ashley's bank account.

Utter, utter, utter, utter cnut!   Explode:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Sportsdirect.com@Stjamespark??? ASHLEY YOU CNUT!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 01:48:41 PM »
Indeed.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.