Disgusterous

Author Topic: Should Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi have been released?  (Read 3483 times)

Offline Paphitis

• Wet behind the ears
Re: Should Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi have been released?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 11:20:09 AM »
The guy probably has few days to live, and so I believe that the UK and Scotland have made the right decision to release him on compassionate grounds. This will give him the opportunity to say Good Bye to his family.

I say the above because I am not entirely convinced he committed the crime and could very well have been a scape goat...
Prepare for the unknown, unexpected and inconceivable....

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 11:35:58 AM »
I bet he had a nervous flight back though!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 11:43:47 AM »
The guy probably has few days to live, and so I believe that the UK and Scotland have made the right decision to release him on compassionate grounds. This will give him the opportunity to say Good Bye to his family.

I say the above because I am not entirely convinced he committed the crime and could very well have been a scape goat...
Not compassionate grounds - he should have been released because he was innocent...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Paphitis

• Wet behind the ears
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 11:46:05 AM »

Not compassionate grounds - he should have been released because he was innocent...

Well yes..if that is the case then he should have been released a long time ago..in fact he should not have been convicted in the first place.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 11:49:28 AM »

Well yes..if that is the case then he should have been released a long time ago..in fact he should not have been convicted in the first place.
Quite so...

Another unfortunate 'side effect' of the compassionate release is that there will never be an inquiry into the first trial...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Paphitis

• Wet behind the ears
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 12:04:11 PM »
That is a very unfortunate side effect.  noooo:

But even after the man dies, surely there are grounds for an inquiry if there is sufficient doubt?

I do not know the evidence against him, or whether he is guilty or innocent. All I know is that his conviction was controversial and so there must be some grounds for doubt.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 06:59:13 AM »
Oh how the Americans are throwing their toys out of the pram on this one  noooo:

So something has happened in the world and a decision has been made that they don't like or agree with .....is Scotland to be invaded next !!!!!!

Noticeabley Weasel Brown has yet to nail his colours to the mast .......who is he fearful of offending most  noooo:

Skubber

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 07:04:15 PM »
I see that Brown is now expressing his revulsion at the jubilant scenes that greeted Megrahi. Now I apologise for my language here but what the fuck did you think was going to happen Gordon. I realise that you are a demented moron with the charm and charisma of a bucket of decomposing tripe but surely even you didn't believe that because you had asked for a low key reception they would do what you wanted.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 07:05:32 PM »
I see that Brown is now expressing his revulsion at the jubilant scenes that greeted Megrahi. Now I apologise for my language here but what the fuck did you think was going to happen Gordon. I realise that you are a demented moron with the charm and charisma of a bucket of decomposing tripe but surely even you didn't believe that because you had asked for a low key reception they would do what you wanted.
Is the stupid one-eyed moronic cunt back from his holidays then...?  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2009, 07:34:40 PM »

Yes, I'm here.
I mostly despair

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2009, 07:38:04 PM »

Yes, I'm here.
lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2009, 09:27:12 PM »

Yes, I'm here.

happy001 happy001

worthy:

Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline barmisspah?

• Fool Member
    • Photobucket
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 10:34:45 AM »

Much as I agree with the sentiment, there are ladies present you know.

And Darwin - we just aren't worthy.
I couldn't ask for better friends. I could ask for more NORMAL friends, but not better ones.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2009, 05:31:09 PM »

That'p why I apologised in at the start of my tirade my dear. whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2009, 05:59:39 AM »

I know, my wife and daughter are members too...

However you should be aware that, unlike other sites I wouldn't care to mention we don't have a swear filter.

And on rare occasions I consider the 'C' word to be appropriate.
Pro Skub  Thumbs: