Disgusterous

Author Topic: Another one for the Golfers  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Another one for the Golfers
« on: May 01, 2007, 12:09:32 PM »
Jack was at the country club for his weekly round of golf and what a round it was: he began with an eagle on the first hole and a birdie on two. On three, he scored his first hole-in-one.

Then his cell phone rang. It was his doctor, who said, "Your wife has been in a terrible accident and is in critical condition in the Intensive Care Unit."

"I'll be there as soon as possible!" said Jack ...but as he hung up, he realized this might just the best round of golf of his life. "Maybe just a couple more holes wouldn't hurt," he thought.

By the time he finished the eighteenth hole, he had shattered the club record with a 61! Although jubilant, he also felt guilty about ignoring his wife. He dashed into the hospital and found the doctor in the corridor.

"Doc! I got here as fast as I could. How is she?"

The doctor glared at him. "You bastard! You finished your round of golf, didn't you? I hope you're proud of yourself! While you were out there enjoying yourself, Annie has languished in the ICU! For the rest of her life, she's going to require full-time medical care ....from you!"

Jack felt so guilty that he broke down in tears.

The doctor snickered. "Nah, just kidding! She died two hours ago. How'd you shoot?"

I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Another one for the Golfers
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 12:26:05 PM »
Jack was at the country club for his weekly round of golf and what a round it was: he began with an eagle on the first hole and a birdie on two. On three, he scored his first hole-in-one.

Then his cell phone rang. It was his doctor, who said, "Your wife has been in a terrible accident and is in critical condition in the Intensive Care Unit."

"I'll be there as soon as possible!" said Jack ...but as he hung up, he realized this might just the best round of golf of his life. "Maybe just a couple more holes wouldn't hurt," he thought.

By the time he finished the eighteenth hole, he had shattered the club record with a 61! Although jubilant, he also felt guilty about ignoring his wife. He dashed into the hospital and found the doctor in the corridor.

"Doc! I got here as fast as I could. How is she?"

The doctor glared at him. "You bastard! You finished your round of golf, didn't you? I hope you're proud of yourself! While you were out there enjoying yourself, Annie has languished in the ICU! For the rest of her life, she's going to require full-time medical care ....from you!"

Jack felt so guilty that he broke down in tears.

The doctor snickered. "Nah, just kidding! She died two hours ago. How'd you shoot?"

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: