Disgusterous

Author Topic: Struggled today  (Read 10912 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Struggled today
« on: March 18, 2009, 07:47:18 PM »
Glorious day, so decided a trip up me 'ill was called for.

I nearly didn't make it. Felt positively wretched, and had to make several stops on the way up.
Legs like jelly, kept stumbling over the rocks, and me 'eart was thumping like hell. Out of breath and generally felt totally crap.

What the hell is wrong with me?
I'm currently feeling very unhappy with meself like. sad32:

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Struggled today
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 07:51:31 PM »
There is something going round the pub. You may have caught it off TMR  rubschin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 07:51:42 PM »
Overdose of those tablets that I'm not even going to attempt to spell  - but have meant that at least you haven't had a cold

Seriously though....you might need to go and see someone more qualified than our motley crew  noooo:
Skubber

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 07:56:33 PM »
No it's not a bug thing. I don't feel unwell as such, just sort of wretched, as though me mind is in turmoil which seems to be affecting me favourite pastime now. Making me very unhappy like. Feel most odd. confused:

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 08:04:46 PM »
 scared2:

A Panic attack is an intense feeling of fear, a feeling of impending doom. Sufferers may feel that they are going crazy or that they are on the verge of a heart attack. Panic attacks may feel terrifying at the time, but they are not dangerous, they are just a flow of adrenalin surging through your body. Adrenalin is the cause of the symptoms you feel, like dizziness, racing heart, feelings of unreality, feeling out of control, hyperventilation and many others.

You may feel like you will collapse or faint, but you will not. As you can see no reason for these feelings, you presume something terrible will happen if you don't make a quick exit. This is the reason that panic attacks can terrify people, as they have no idea why they feel like this. They may blame it on the place they were at the time, a cafe or maybe the cinema.

There have been many studies carried out about the cause of panic disorders and although the results are still inconclusive, in my experience and the studies of others, the main cause is due to a prolonged feeling of worry and stress. The worry cup fills up over time until it overflows and manifests itself into a full blown panic attack. There can be other factors like a childhood event, emotional or physical abuse or, as in my case, substance withdrawal. But whatever the cause, recovery from any form of panic is possible with the right help and support.

The scary part for most people is that these feelings of panic don’t seem to come when they are in a situation of danger, these feelings can come at any time of the day for no apparent reason. Unfortunately, what can keep people in the cycle of panic is the fear of having another attack and the avoidance that can go with it. They may have an attack of panic while driving and then associate driving with panic, thus avoiding getting back behind the wheel. In a few cases, people may retreat indoors as they believe that by doing this, they can avoid all the situations that may bring on an attack of panic

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 08:34:03 PM »
Bloody 'ell Pirate! eeek:

You a quack? Seem to know your stuff like.

Don't think it could really be described as what you say tbh. Just feeling a bit down and knackered is the best description. Dunno really. confused:
Feel like a flamin' dog chasing its tail. evil:

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 08:41:12 PM »
Hi  Growler...NO I am not a quack or even a doctor. It was just a bit of lighted hearted cut and paste.

Please, if you don't feel well, go and see your GP

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 08:44:32 PM »
Hi  Growler...NO I am not a quack or even a doctor. It was just a bit of lighted hearted cut and paste.

Please, if you don't feel well, go and see your GP

Oh.

Seem to have even lost me abilty to suss out when it's just a bit of light hearted banter now too.  redface:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 08:46:29 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 09:06:20 PM »
(german accent) Don't worry about it...just send me 300 euros consultation fee. Pay pal will suffice

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 05:39:16 AM »
How old are you like Growler...?  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 08:18:30 AM »
Bad Barman  evil:

Growler - go and see a Doc if it continues ...please
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 08:25:08 AM by Miss Demeanor »
Skubber

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 08:43:40 AM »
How old are you like Growler...?  whistle:

D'ya know what I like about you BM?

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 09:01:29 AM »
Growler - go and see a Doc if it continues ...please

Yes, do that.

The last thing we want is you hanging round like, well a bear with a sore head really.  redface:
I mostly despair

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 09:04:10 AM »
Glorious day, so decided a trip up me 'ill was called for.

I nearly didn't make it. Felt positively wretched, and had to make several stops on the way up.
Legs like jelly, kept stumbling over the rocks, and me 'eart was thumping like hell. Out of breath and generally felt totally crap.

What the hell is wrong with me?
I'm currently feeling very unhappy with meself like. sad32:

Seriously this could be any number of things ranging from mild to quite serious. You really should get down to the doctors.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 10:42:25 AM »
scared2:

A Panic attack is an intense feeling of fear, a feeling of impending doom. Sufferers may feel that they are going crazy or that they are on the verge of a heart attack. Panic attacks may feel terrifying at the time, but they are not dangerous, they are just a flow of adrenalin surging through your body. Adrenalin is the cause of the symptoms you feel, like dizziness, racing heart, feelings of unreality, feeling out of control, hyperventilation and many others.

You may feel like you will collapse or faint, but you will not. As you can see no reason for these feelings, you presume something terrible will happen if you don't make a quick exit. This is the reason that panic attacks can terrify people, as they have no idea why they feel like this. They may blame it on the place they were at the time, a cafe or maybe the cinema.

There have been many studies carried out about the cause of panic disorders and although the results are still inconclusive, in my experience and the studies of others, the main cause is due to a prolonged feeling of worry and stress. The worry cup fills up over time until it overflows and manifests itself into a full blown panic attack. There can be other factors like a childhood event, emotional or physical abuse or, as in my case, substance withdrawal. But whatever the cause, recovery from any form of panic is possible with the right help and support.

The scary part for most people is that these feelings of panic don’t seem to come when they are in a situation of danger, these feelings can come at any time of the day for no apparent reason. Unfortunately, what can keep people in the cycle of panic is the fear of having another attack and the avoidance that can go with it. They may have an attack of panic while driving and then associate driving with panic, thus avoiding getting back behind the wheel. In a few cases, people may retreat indoors as they believe that by doing this, they can avoid all the situations that may bring on an attack of panic

Unhappily I can confirm that your Google cut and paste is only too accurate. I can add that a panic attack can feel exactly as Growler describes he felt and can be associated with Agoraphobia. Agoraphobia is not repeat NOT a fear of being out of doors ~ it is a feeling of acute fear of not being in control of what is happening around you and a perceived inability to escape the situation. It can strike as easily in your arm chair as it can out of doors although it is easier to cope with at home or in familiar surroundings. I can and do get such attacks when in a shop or when sitting in a pub. My escape is to go and sit in my car where I feel completely at ease ~ Valium anyone? I have plenty to spare.

Go see your quack and at least get an ECG (preferably before and after a treadmill session) done to check that all is well with your heart. It probably is OK but the reassurance of seeing it checked will help.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.