Author Topic: Brunstrom and that Press Briefing ~ Right or wrong?  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Brunstrom and that Press Briefing ~ Right or wrong?
« on: May 01, 2007, 09:46:55 AM »
Meanwhile R Bunstrom, celebrated tw4t of this parish, is in trouble for getting it right for once. Why shouldn't he say "look at the sh1t we have to deal with". I disagree with many of his policing policies but would have backed him to the hilt were he to say, "My staff are human beings ~ at least some of the time, and they have to look at headless corpses so why the hell shouldn't you". NWP were wrong to apologise, and whoever issued the apology is the person that wants sacking. And YES bikers, behaving like an a**ehole can carry the death penalty. Deal with it.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Misunderstood

Re: Brunstrom and that Press Briefing ~ Right or wrong?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 01:21:00 PM »
Meanwhile R Bunstrom, celebrated tw4t of this parish, is in trouble for getting it right for once. Why shouldn't he say "look at the sh1t we have to deal with". I disagree with many of his policing policies but would have backed him to the hilt were he to say, "My staff are human beings ~ at least some of the time, and they have to look at headless corpses so why the hell shouldn't you". NWP were wrong to apologise, and whoever issued the apology is the person that wants sacking. And YES bikers, behaving like an a**ehole can carry the death penalty. Deal with it.

I approve of the tactic of exposing the gory details to the press, it needs something like that to focus their jaundiced attention sometimes, but to fly in the face of modern opinion on privacy and respect for individuals feelings shows either a total disregard for responsible standards - the same standards they are clamouring for others to respect - or are simply completely out of touch with the people they are supposed to be protecting and interacting with.  They have developed a worrying tendency to forget that they also are bound by the law.

Either way, they have given their many critics a free shot at the head and he deserves everything he gets, it might focus their minds and make them remember to ask next time.