Disgusterous

Author Topic: 1957 - 2007  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
1957 - 2007
« on: February 28, 2009, 03:32:00 PM »
Scenario:Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2007 - Police called, arrest Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario:

Robbie won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1957 - Robbie sent to office and given 6 of the best by the Principal. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2007 - Robbie given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra money from state because Robbie has a disability.

Scenario :

Billy breaks a window in his neighbour's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse.  Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison.  Billy's mum has affair with psychologist.

Scenario :

Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1957 - Mark gets glass of water from Principal to take aspirin with.

2007 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug use. House searched for drugs and weapons. 

Scenario :

Pedro fails high school English.

1957 - Pedro goes to evening school, passes English and goes to college.

2007 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. Law suit filed against state school system and Pedro's English teacher.. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up  mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English. 

Scenario :

Johnny falls while running in the playground and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2007 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: 1957 - 2007
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 04:56:19 PM »
I fail to see why this should be posted in the Comedy Room ~ it is a truthful explanation of what has gone wrong with our society over the past 50 years.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: 1957 - 2007
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 12:57:21 PM »
I fail to see why this should be posted in the Comedy Room ~ it is a truthful explanation of what has gone wrong with our society over the past 50 years.

Agreed   sad24:
I mostly despair