Disgusterous

Author Topic: Another Win for Hamilton  (Read 22943 times)

Sour Puss

Re: Another Win for Hamilton
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2007, 02:55:26 PM »
Shame about that tyre, he was all set for a 3rd for sure and had a good chance of 2nd, still nice save, it could have been so much worse. scared2:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2007, 06:51:12 PM »
Lewis Hamilton's Formula One world title dream is still alive, even though McLaren were severely punished by the World Motor Sport Council on Thursday.

Following the emergence of fresh evidence in the spy scandal, McLaren will lose all their constructors points for this season, while they have been hit in the pocket with a record fine of 100 million dollars (?49.2million). Also, no further points can be scored for the remainder of the season

So that's it then. Ferrari win the constructors title by default. ::)

Berek

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2007, 07:10:50 PM »
who exactly gets the $100 million ???

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2007, 07:19:19 PM »
who exactly gets the $100 million ???

Very good question. rubschin:

I dunno tbh.
The gin swiggers at the FIA p'raps?
The gin swiggers at the WMSC p'raps?

One things for sure. Mr Dennis will not be a happy teddy, and heads are going to roll.
Don't suppose Mercedes are overjoyed with overwhelming happiness either.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2007, 06:56:21 AM »
?50 million? That's just ridiculous ~ their last reported profits were only ?10m on a turnover of ?250m.
Quiet apart from the size of the fine there seems to be no evidence that they have actually gained any benefit from whatever it is they are alleged to have done ~ and that seems to be a big secret. This is not justice but smacks far more of politics within F1.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2007, 10:24:01 PM »
Read all about here Snoops:

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40662

A large amount of skullduggery been going on by the sounds of it.

As Martin Brundle has just said, they really couldn't penalise the drivers concerned, as this could/would ultimately damage the reputation and more importantly THE income that they generate via sponsors, advertising and viewing figures.

Everything these days is now simply down to money sadly.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2007, 09:32:09 AM »
All sounds like normal business practice to me. We used to "debrief" competitors disaffected employees whenever we could. All this proves is that F1 is not a sport but a business.
20 Men racing their own vehicles round a track would be a sport.
This, however, is all about selling cars.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2007, 11:09:51 AM »
As was said in here yesterday, before some arsehole deleted it,  evil: I can't wait for the BIG race next Sunday at 06:00 GMT.
I shall be sitting in front of the telly wearin' me Union Jack jarmas in anticipation of celebrating our youngest ever Worl Champ F1 driver! happy088

Come on Hammy lad! happy088

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2007, 07:00:11 PM »
Lewis Hamilton is facing a stewards' investigation into his driving while under the safety car in the Japanese Grand Prix.

The officials are understood to be considering whether Hamilton could have contributed to the collision between Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel that took the duo out of second and third places during the second caution period at Fuji.

"New evidence has been brought to the stewards' attention and they are currently investigating the matter," an FIA spokesman told autosport.com.

He could lose ALL of the points gained last Sunday if the FIA are pissed on enough gin to find him guilty...in their opinion.
Of course, guess who's chuckin' best Shell racing fuel on the fire too?
Yea, that's right. That bastard Spick turnip chimping munter Alonsoranevil:
No ulterea (sp) motive..... of course? ::)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 07:04:12 PM by GROWLER »

Sour Puss

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2007, 01:36:16 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7029797.stm

Hamilton cleared after Japan row

Hamilton has been upset by the whole saga since Japan
Lewis Hamilton will not be punished for alleged erratic driving behind the safety car in the Japanese Grand Prix.

The 22-year-old had been under investigation and at risk of losing the 10 points for his race win in Fuji.

But the FIA has ruled Hamilton will not be penalised following an accident where Sebastian Vettel crashed into Mark Webber in appalling conditions.

And Vettel has had a 10-place penalty on the starting grid for Sunday's Chinese GP replaced with a reprimand.

The ruling leaves Hamilton on the verge of winning the championship in his debut season, as he takes a 12-point lead over McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso into the final two races.

Hamilton, Vettel and Webber and their team officials reported to stewards at the Chinese Grand Prix.

They watched parts of the Japan race, including amateur video of the accident which had appeared on video-sharing website YouTube.

Common sense has prevailed

Following that meeting, the stewards stated: "The involvement of Lewis Hamilton in this incident has been considered in the light of the evidence given by him, his team manager and in particular all other parties present and no penalty is imposed on him."

Earlier on Friday Hamilton had expressed his disillusionment over the whole saga, which erupted after Webber accused him of doing a "bad job" behind the safety car, which was employed because of the wet weather.

Red Bull driver Webber was knocked out of the race by Toro Rosso's Vettel when they were following Hamilton and the Australian believes Hamilton braked excessively behind the safety car on lap 45.

Hamilton said: "If I've been in the wrong, I've been the first to put my hand up, or apologise at least.

"And I don't mind being given a penalty but there's been some real strange situations this year where I'm made to look the bad person.

"If this is the way it's going to keep going it's not somewhere I want to be.

Surely this could all have been decided yesterday, when Toro Rosso made their appeal"

"I had a good weekend, I didn't put a foot wrong. I didn't do anything to put anyone else in danger.

"I just think it's a real shame for the sport. Formula One is supposed to be about hard, fair competition.

"That's what I've tried to do this year, just be fair."

BBC 5Live's David Croft has questioned why the ruling was so long in coming.

He said: "The three-man panel studied the new evidence and decided it added little to their original film.

"So why the delay? Surely this could all have been decided yesterday, when Toro Rosso made their appeal.

"To leave it 24 hours before interviewing the drivers, keeping Hamilton in particular waiting in limbo on such a critical weekend, appears unnecessary at the very least.

"It is situations like this that have left the British driver frustrated by the politics of F1."

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2007, 06:47:32 PM »
Well I'm glad common sense has prevailed.
 ALonSORAN must be absolutely gutted  lol:, and Webber won't be getting his free trip to Disney World now either char090....pair of little shits. lol:
I'm convinced the pair of them were in this together. evil:

I see/read that even that Button Bufoon was having a go at our Hammy today too, bloody jealous tosser. ::)

COME ON HAMMY!! happy088

Ey. How come it's a female that is the only other one that seems to show an regular interest in F1 in here? rubschin:

Good on you Puss G. ;)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 10:14:57 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2007, 07:48:25 PM »
She just like fast men!!!!  whistle:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2007, 10:10:42 PM »
She just like fast men!!!!  whistle:

Well she gets a big  cloud9: from me for likin' cars anyway.
Makes a pleasant change to have a petrol head wumman. happy088

Mention ANYTHING to do with motors HERE at GROWLER palace, and I get the usual sighing, and full rolling of eyes (from the wimmin) ::)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2007, 07:40:17 AM »
WUHEY! What a stonking performance that was in qualifying ey? eeek:

Not often I'll agree with the poison dwarf Ecclestone, but I and the   vast majority can't argue with his statement this time:

Ecclestone is hopeful that he will win it, as he feels neither current world champion Fernando Alonso nor Kimi Raikkonen do enough to help promote F1.

"It is painfully obvious to me that the right guy to be world champion is Lewis,” he said.

“In fact my main fear would be if he didn't win it.

“Kimi Raikkonen barely talks to anyone and as such has done little for the sport, and as for Alonso, in his two years as world champion he has done nothing.

“He hasn't really been an F1 campaigner at all, but if Lewis wins the drivers' championship he will act like a real world champion.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2007, 07:44:34 AM »
What time is the race on then eh?
Pro Skub  Thumbs: