Disgusterous

Author Topic: SPIDERS!  (Read 5412 times)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: SPIDERS!
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2014, 07:48:38 AM »
Spider 'the size of a small puppy' weighing more than 6oz with 2 inch fangs????   scared2: scared2:

Piotr Naskrecki was taking a nighttime walk in a rainforest in Guyana, when he heard rustling as if something were creeping underfoot. When he turned on his flashlight, he expected to see a small mammal, such as a possum or a rat.

"When I turned on the light, I couldn't quite understand what I was seeing," said Naskrecki, an entomologist and photographer at Harvard University's Museum of Comparative Zoology.

A moment later, he realized he was looking not at a brown, furry mammal, but an enormous, puppy-size spider.

While it's not mentioned on his blog something tells me they heard the scream miles away  lol:

And people want one as a pet???  eeek: eeek:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/puppy-sized-spider-haunt-dreams/story?id=26344479

http://www.livescience.com/48340-goliath-birdeater-surprises-scientist.html

Shocked:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: SPIDERS!
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2014, 03:43:08 PM »
107 million spiders!! Personally, I'd be finding somewhere else to work pretty bloody quick  eeek:

I have to ask though, was that 107 million figure an estimate or a really bad day to be an intern  lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2819066/Scared-spiders-Look-away-Terrifying-photos-reveal-FOUR-ACRE-web-teeming-107-MILLION-arachnids.html
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs: