Disgusterous

Author Topic: "Boris watch" 2  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
"Boris watch" 2
« on: June 01, 2008, 06:31:59 PM »
One of the first things the young Turk did was to ban alcohol on public transport from today, Sunday June 1st.

As a result of this a party was organised on the Central line from 9pm last night...

http://www.lastordersontheunderground.com/invite.html

"http://www.youtube.com/v/4qfKQoQS3lI&hl=en

I'm not averse to a protest; I'm glad I had no occasion to use that part of public transport last night. Stations were closed and had to be cleaned of vomit, broken glass and other detritus. This is a protest by today's youth?  eeek:

The previous evening I met up with a mate of mine at the Hayward Gallery to view an exhibition of posters from the events surrounding the protests of May '68 in Paris. This was visceral, creative, thoughtful and desperate stuff in the face of an outdate, Gaullist, fascist oppression.

What did our kids do last night? Got pissed, puked up and posted it on YouTube. What are they going to think in 40 years time, eh?   ::)
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
Re: "Boris watch" 2
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 07:47:24 AM »
I'm against the ban on general principle, just because some people cannot behave responsibly why should all have to suffer.

Having said that I don't see why people seem to need a drink (or to eat come to that) on the tube or any other short journey. Sometimes on my commute I see fellow travellers with their hot pasties, sandwiches, cans of drink etc. for the relatively short journey.

I often get the desire to shout "it's a train not a ******* restaurant" But I don't. 

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 07:49:47 AM »
I'm against the ban on general principle, just because some people cannot behave responsibly why should all have to suffer.

Having said that I don't see why people seem to need a drink (or to eat come to that) on the tube or any other short journey. Sometimes on my commute I see fellow travellers with their hot pasties, sandwiches, cans of drink etc. for the relatively short journey.

I often get the desire to shout "it's a train not a ******* restaurant" But I don't. 
That'll be Wenchy I 'spec...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 07:53:14 AM »
I was always annoyed by girls trying to put on their make-up whilst swaying around on the tube. If you must plaster your face ~ get up early enough you lazy slut. If I want to see the before and after I'll sleep with you otherwise I would prefer to remain in ignorance. AND why is it none of you can put on eye makeup without making a silly O of your mouths?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.