Come Inside... > The Library

The All New Book & DVD Review Thread (And Gift Hints)

(1/710) > >>

Barman:
I'll start you off with The book Thief

Book Description
The story of a young German girl who steals books, of her family and the Jewish boxer hidden in their basement as they struggle to survive in Nazi Germany when the bombs begin to fall.

Synopsis
1939 - Nazi Germany - The country is holding its breath. Death has never been busier. Liesel, a nine-year-old girl, is living with a foster family on Himmel Street. Her parents have been taken away to a concentration camp. Liesel steals books. This is her story and the story of the inhabitants of her street when the bombs begin to fall. Some important information - this novel is narrated by death. It's a small story, about: a girl; an accordionist; some fanatical Germans; a Jewish fist fighter; and quite a lot of thievery. Another thing you should know - death will visit the book thief three times.

Reader's Comments
The most amazing book I have ever read... cried my eyes out... a must purchase read.  happy088

TG:
You wrote that really well.  ;)

Barman:

--- Quote from: TG on May 29, 2008, 10:24:35 AM ---You wrote that really well.  ;)

--- End quote ---
Thanks...  redface:

We need someone to buy it now and see if it works...

Uncle Mort:

--- Quote from: TG on May 29, 2008, 10:24:35 AM ---You wrote that really well.  ;)

--- End quote ---

So well I don't really feel a need to read it now.

TG:
Sounds rubbish to me.  whistle:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version