Author Topic: Planned prison pay rise abandoned  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Planned prison pay rise abandoned
« on: April 30, 2008, 07:52:15 AM »
Just as ‘overcrowded prisons’ slips from media headlines like a receding tide this spectacular own goal appears to have been scored by Gordon.

Quote from: BBC Web Shite
A planned 38% increase in the minimum weekly pay for prisoners in England and Wales has been abandoned the day before it was due to come into force.

The rise from a minimum £4 to £5.50 for work inside jails would have been the first increase since the mid-1990s.

Go directly to jail

Either news of the pay rise had been leaked and The Mail was going to press with ‘narks get more than teachers’ or this is just another monumental cock up by Brown. Nobody had mentioned it ‘til it was cancelled.

I hope there is prison rioting and the overcrowding/early release/cushy lifestyle prison service fiasco fills the media for months to come.

Let’s face it Gordon, you couldn’t manage a Wendy House. It is time to go…  point:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Planned prison pay rise abandoned
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 01:00:42 PM »
I do like the article on the BBC website where he admits he's made mistakes but he's listening and learning how to be PM. You dont listen you bully your ministers and do whatever the hell you want and that is why this country is in the mess itis currently in.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Nick

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 01:06:47 PM »
I do like the article on the BBC website where he admits he's made mistakes but he's listening and learning how to be PM. You dont listen you bully your ministers and do whatever the hell you want and that is why this country is in the mess itis currently in.

Yes.But he was lying,innit?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 02:05:02 PM »

Either news of the pay rise had been leaked and The Mail was going to press with ‘narks get more than teachers’ or this is just another monumental cock up by Brown. Nobody had mentioned it ‘til it was cancelled.

That was going to be my line! I was going to suggest Mr Wench went and got himself banged up!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 02:12:21 PM »
He is a complete wanker (GB not Mr. Wench) and I believe he has well and truly fucked-up (excuse my language).  redface:

It appears that a diligent BBC reported had sniffed-out the pay-rise and was going to make a story on it. When Gordo realised it would be bad PR he panicked and cancelled it.  point:

Now he has the prison governors up in arms against him too!  point:

I truly hope it is a meltdown tomorrow.  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 02:14:41 PM »
As do I!

Although Mr Wench can be a complete wanker at times too.