Author Topic: "Calling for" things  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
"Calling for" things
« on: April 23, 2008, 08:05:29 AM »
I have noticed that this is happening more and more.Someone, usually Gordo, stands up and "calls for" action on food prices, or democracy in Zimbabwe, or "steps" to help people with mortgages.

Well any tit can do that. I "call for"  free beer and more dancing girls, but they ain't gonna happen either.

Mr Brown called for international action, saying global food prices were at their highest since 1945 and tackling hunger was "a moral challenge" for everyone.

And what exactly do you mean, Gordo? Angry9:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: "Calling for" things
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 08:55:46 AM »
I have noticed that this is happening more and more.Someone, usually Gordo, stands up and "calls for" action on food prices, or democracy in Zimbabwe, or "steps" to help people with mortgages.

Well any tit can do that. I "call for"  free beer and more dancing girls, but they ain't gonna happen either.

Mr Brown called for international action, saying global food prices were at their highest since 1945 and tackling hunger was "a moral challenge" for everyone.

What a wanker...

I reckon they have a computer that spits out a daily soundbite at breakfast time...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 08:57:27 AM »
You listen carefully for that phrased "call for". It has presently usurped "world class" as the shite of the day.

See also "careful consultation" Banghead

Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 11:02:57 AM »

Simple, Its Gordo for "I'm hungry for power and your challenge is to find my missing morals".

If tackling hunger was really a high priority of his then he wouldnt have abolished the 10p tax rate and would be giving pensioners and low income families more support with fuel duty as there are those at the moment who are having to choose between heating and eating.  cussing:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.