Author Topic: I know its a lot to wish for  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
I know its a lot to wish for
« on: December 12, 2007, 07:15:03 PM »
But will these morons EVER learn from their mistakes. Its not that long since they lost millions of benefit claimants details and now they manage to loose 800 loan application forms  Banghead

Hundreds of forms containing personal and confidential information about members of the public were lost by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
Staff in Sheffield have been told that 800 budgeting loan applications have been lost in transit between Sheffield and Newcastle.

In an email, DWP staff were told that customers had been querying the status of their missing applications.

Depots of courier company TNT are being searched for the missing parcels.

'Extremely concerned'

Interest-free budgeting loans are available to people who claim benefits such as income support so they can spread the cost of one-off expenses, such as household appliances.

Lee Rock, from the civil service union PCS, told BBC Look North the forms contained applicants' names, addresses, dates of birth, National Insurance numbers and bank details.

He said the loss of the forms was "outrageous" and urged anyone who had applied for a budgeting loan in recent weeks to contact the DWP.

In a statement, the DWP said: "Clearly we are extremely concerned that these payments have been delayed and we are striving to ensure no one is in hardship because of what has occurred.

"We are carrying out extensive checks with TNT to track down the whereabouts of the claims concerned."

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: I know its a lot to wish for
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 08:09:53 PM »
Don't worry, the culprits will get sacked and have the losses deductd from their wages.

Oh, hang on.
Sorry. Wrong planet!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 10:10:33 AM »
Wrong universe more like!

I see it's TNT again - perhaps the government should change their courier company.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 10:14:04 AM »
What ~ go back to the Royal Mail and admit they were wrong to strip it of its assets, rob it of its profits, set impossible targets and make it carry the mail "for the final mile" when the Courier companies can't be arsed to in case it reduces their profits. Not likely now is it.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 10:45:11 AM »
Admit they're wrong?

noooo: