Author Topic: Your worst car.  (Read 1888 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Your worst car.
« on: September 23, 2007, 08:26:15 PM »
Having just driven 170 miles into a deep dark forest in mid Wales, i can quite catergorically say that a Suzuki Jimny is the worst car I have ever had the displeasure to drive on the public highway.
It's 1300 cc engine is totally gutless, it's fuel consumption even in 2wd mode is horrendous @ 24mpg, albeit givin' TRYIN' to give it the biffters  ::), the seats give you terminal back ache, it's road holding is roly poly, albeit on raised and modified suspension, the brakes are uninspirin, and the radio is crap.

On saying all that, it is without a doubt superb OFF road. happy088

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Your worst car.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 12:57:18 PM »
So, er, why did you take it?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 07:12:01 PM »
So, er, why did you take it?

Cuz I had to drive through a forest for 10 miles on Forestry Commision roads that's why.
Bears' house hunting.

As it happens, the surface was better than the roads 'round here. ::)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 04:39:53 AM »
About ten years ago I got stuck with a C180. It had the clever five-speed automatic option and was woefully underpowered for the size of car although the chassis was great and it handled well once you managed to get it going?

Unfortunately, the ?clever? gearbox had a habit of thinking something was wrong with itself. Its remedy was to light op a pictogram in front of the driver and lock itself into third gear.

Pulling away from roundabouts suddenly became extremely traumatic as it was impossible to find a big enough gap in the traffic to do it safely and the only way was to lumber out in front of everybody with an embarrassed look on my face.

Sunderland to Reading took about four days?

I?ve never touched a Merc since although I have a friend here that owns twelve of them.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Misunderstood

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 05:09:21 PM »
I drove a Renault 18 Estate over to France a few years ago, I thought it was in quite good condition.

When I arrived all the Gendarmes and Duane crowded around it for a good laugh. They also seemed to know exactly where to stick their pens to get them all through the bodywork....  redface: