Disgusterous

Author Topic: Speeding drivers face more points  (Read 2015 times)

Sour Puss

Speeding drivers face more points
« on: September 23, 2007, 11:59:14 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7008914.stm

Motorists who fail to declare who was behind the wheel when a speeding offence was committed are to face stiffer penalties from Monday.
Those convicted of failing to provide information on the identity of a driver will get six penalty points on their licence - doubling the current rate.
The aim is to punish those who falsely claim they do not know who was driving.
Ministers say those with good reason for not naming a driver, such as if a vehicle is stolen, will have a defence.

So who will get the points? it would have to be the registered keeper, which could be totally unfair in some cases where they honestly do not know who was driving. This country goes further and further down the pan.  Someone warn DPD and the Hamiltons not to try this in future.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Speeding drivers face more points
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 12:03:46 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7008914.stm

Motorists who fail to declare who was behind the wheel when a speeding offence was committed are to face stiffer penalties from Monday.
Those convicted of failing to provide information on the identity of a driver will get six penalty points on their licence - doubling the current rate.
The aim is to punish those who falsely claim they do not know who was driving.
Ministers say those with good reason for not naming a driver, such as if a vehicle is stolen, will have a defence.

So who will get the points? it would have to be the registered keeper, which could be totally unfair in some cases where they honestly do not know who was driving. This country goes further and further down the pan.  Someone warn DPD and the Hamiltons not to try this in future.

I think the Hamiltons know and frankly, unchristian as it may be, I don't give a fat rats arse for DPD and his points collection.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Misunderstood

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 05:34:25 PM »
Taking personalities out of it for a moment, what does it say about the gross failure of management?  To arrive at a situation where merely owning a car and not keeping your hand and eye on it 24/7 can account for you receiving more points than the person that allegedly committed an offence is perverse.

It is not the actions I would expect from a free democratic state.   I still believe that action should precede guilt and I find the increasing tendency to have to prove innocence disturbing.

After all, it is only the over-reliance of technology that is causing the problems that they have, if they had a copper pulling you over as they should do this would not be an issue.  Now it seems, we are being expected to do the policing for them. 

Grassing on your own has never been a 'British' thing to do anyway, It will all end in tears.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 05:44:19 PM »
Taking personalities out of it for a moment, what does it say about the gross failure of management?  To arrive at a situation where merely owning a car and not keeping your hand and eye on it 24/7 can account for you receiving more points than the person that allegedly committed an offence is perverse.

It is not the actions I would expect from a free democratic state.   I still believe that action should precede guilt and I find the increasing tendency to have to prove innocence disturbing.

After all, it is only the over-reliance of technology that is causing the problems that they have, if they had a copper pulling you over as they should do this would not be an issue.  Now it seems, we are being expected to do the policing for them. 

Grassing on your own has never been a 'British' thing to do anyway, It will all end in tears.

Next letter asking me who was driving I'm planning on saying that I believe it to have been one Gordon Brown of 10 Downing Street, London and let them bloody prove he wasn't.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Misunderstood

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 06:56:24 PM »

Next letter asking me who was driving I'm planning on saying that I believe it to have been one Gordon Brown of 10 Downing Street, London and let them bloody prove he wasn't.

lol: lol: lol: