Author Topic: Hotels, charges and credit card fiasco's  (Read 687 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Hotels, charges and credit card fiasco's
« on: June 01, 2017, 05:06:16 PM »
So when you check in to a hotel these days it is now standard procedure for  them to 'require' your credit card details for any 'incidental' charges.

Some even charge a fixed amount to it straightaway which will be 'reimbursed ' if not used.

Most of our hotels on this trip have been booked and paid for in advance but you still can't get away from this credit card malarkey.

We checked out of our 1st hotel over 2 weeks ago. At time of check out confirmed zero balance to pay. Receipt given etc.

Yesterday I noticed in pending transactions a charge of £350 registered on the 30th May from this hotel..the Sheraton.

I have gone for them ..the actual hotel , the higher corporate body , etc etc  . I have accused them of either complete incompetence or fraud. Requested data protection and record retention policies for customer confidential information  etc.

It really pisses me off that you have to do this credit card palava in advance. This to my mind opens up a whole world of potential shambles like this.

Grrrrrr
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 05:09:21 PM by Miss Demeanour »
Skubber

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
Re: Hotels, charges and credit card fiasco's
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 05:12:38 PM »
Quite right Miss D.  The you can't argue with policy or a computer.  😡
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Online Steve

• Power Poster
Re: Hotels, charges and credit card fiasco's
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 05:14:53 PM »
It's only really a risk in one country.  Guess which?   The USA as they don't use chip and PIN and some shit will happily sell your card details on. 

I don't really have an issue though with the principle of giving a card as guarantee.  Without this we'd all have to pay extra to cover those sods that leave without paying
Well, whatever, nevermind