Come Inside... > The Snug

Practical Travel Advice

(1/4) > >>

Miss Demeanour:
Reading through some stuff yesterday in preparation for hols.

This made me laugh aloud ...

" even more common than bears are mountain lions. Because of their solitary nature it is unlikely you will see one . Still there are a few things to remember , if you come across a kill, probably a large partly eaten deer then leave immediately. And if you see a mountain lion and it sees you , identify yourself as human , making your body appear as big as possible , just as with a bear. And remember never run. As with any cat , large or small, running triggers the hunting instincts. If a mountain lion attacks , fight back, cats don't like to get hurt .

eeek: eeek: eeek:

I wander if that advice has ever worked  lol:

Barman:

--- Quote from: Miss Demeanour on May 12, 2017, 07:46:00 AM ---Reading through some stuff yesterday in preparation for hols.

" even more common than bears are mountain lions. Because of their solitary nature it is unlikely you will see one . Still there are a few things to remember , if you come across a kill, probably a large partly eaten deer then leave immediately. And if you see a mountain lion and it sees you , identify yourself as human , making your body appear as big as possible , just as with a bear. And remember never run. As with any cat , large or small, running triggers the hunting instincts. If a mountain lion attacks , fight back, cats don't like to get hurt .

--- End quote ---

And would we know if it didn't?  scared2:

Nick:
I'd buy tickets to see Miss D fighting a lion  Popcorn:

Steve:

--- Quote from: Miss Demeanour on May 12, 2017, 07:46:00 AM ---Reading through some stuff yesterday in preparation for hols.

--- End quote ---
noooo:

It's really easy.  You just shout "Run!" and then trip up the member of your group you like least.  Job done.

Sounds like you're going to the land of mahoosive breakfasts and even bigger dinners   :thumbsup:

Miss Demeanour:
Oh Yes ..the big Arizona / California road trip begins tomorrow  cloud9:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version