Author Topic: Unusual Conversations  (Read 1442 times)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Unusual Conversations
« on: March 17, 2017, 10:16:04 AM »
I stepped out of the wake yesterday (bored and all the sammiches had gone) to see a guy outside having a smoke that looked just like Eric Sykes...

ES: Where do you live...?
BM: Pissouri - lived here 14 years now...
ES: I've been here 13 years
BM: Time flies, eh...?
ES: I used to be in the army - in the signals
BM: *Thinks - blimey, I've finally met one that wan't in 'Special Forces' and can't talk about it!*  lol:
ES: Yes, I set up the BFBS network in Cyprus - they only had it in Cologne then you know...?
BM: How very interesting... ::)
ES: I only go back to the UK to see my father - he is 94... well, my step-father actually, my father was killed in Germany in 1944 when I was seven months old...
BM: oh.... I never go back to the UK if I can avoid it...
ES: I've been here 13 years now... I used to be in the Army, in the signals like... I set up the BFBS network in Cyprus cos they only had it in Cologne at the time...
BM: Oh...  eeek:
ES: I only go back to the UK to visit my father - he is 94! Well, my step-father actually... My father was killed in.... um.... that place... Germany! When is was 7 months old in 1944...
BM: Okay...  scared2:
ES: Where do you live then...?
BM: Um.... still in Pissouri...  lol:
BM: Been here 14 years now - time really flies....  whistle:
ES: I've been here 13 years now... I used to be in the Army, in the signals like... I set up the BFBS network in Cyprus cos they only had it in Cologne at the time...
BM: Right... Do you ever go back to the UK then...? lol:
ES: I only go back to the UK to visit my father - he is 94! Well, my step-father actually... My father was killed in.... oh, I don't like to talk about it... Terrible! I was only 7 months old in 1944...
BM: * checks watch *
BM: Um.... still in Pissouri... 14 years now - never go back to the UK if I can help it...  lol:
BM: I just need to go and move my car... *exits stage left*

WTF???  noooo:

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

Re: Unusual Conversations
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 10:18:43 AM »
Sounds like Groundhog Day  rubschin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 10:23:01 AM »

It was just like it - I could have kept him going for hours...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 11:13:37 AM »

Got to be sad when the only memorable thing that has occurred to 'ES' in Cyprus in the last 13 years is he's met a man with a dripping wet quadcopter and a bucket head
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 12:56:11 PM »
I stepped out of the wake yesterday (bored and all the sammiches had gone) to see a guy outside having a smoke that looked just like Eric Sykes...

BM: *Thinks - blimey, I've finally met one that wan't in 'Special Forces' and can't talk about it!*  lol:
ES: Yes, I set up the BFBS network in Cyprus - they only had it in Cologne then you know...?
ES: I only go back to the UK to see my father - he is 94... well, my step-father actually, my father was killed in Germany in 1944 when I was seven months old...
ES: I only go back to the UK to visit my father - he is 94! Well, my step-father actually... My father was killed in.... um.... that place... Germany! When is was 7 months old in 1944...
ES: I only go back to the UK to visit my father - he is 94! Well, my step-father actually... My father was killed in.... oh, I don't like to talk about it... Terrible! I was only 7 months old in 1944...
BM: Um.... still in Pissouri... 14 years now - never go back to the UK if I can help it...  lol:

WTF???  noooo:
Shrugs:

Sounds like a perfectly normal conversation to me.
I mostly despair

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 12:56:48 PM »

WTF???  noooo:
Shrugs:

Shrugs:

I mostly despair

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 12:57:08 PM »

WTF???  noooo:
Shrugs:

Shrugs:

Shrugs:

I mostly despair

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 12:57:33 PM »

WTF???  noooo:
Shrugs:

Shrugs:

Shrugs:

Shrugs:

I mostly despair

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 01:10:54 PM »
facepalm:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster