Author Topic: How on earth does someone manage to forget...  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
How on earth does someone manage to forget...
« on: February 09, 2018, 10:19:34 PM »
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: How on earth does someone manage to forget...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 11:01:33 PM »
.....that they have a garage full of these classic beauties eeek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-5372665/Ferrari-275-Shelby-Cobra-untouched-27-years-found.html
I suspect drink may be involved

I bet they’re shit to drive for real but a Shelby Cobra  cloud9:
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 11:08:21 PM »
.....that they have a garage full of these classic beauties eeek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-5372665/Ferrari-275-Shelby-Cobra-untouched-27-years-found.html
I suspect drink may be involved

I bet they’re shit to drive for real but a Shelby Cobra  cloud9:

Morgans havent changed that much since the one in the garage was made so once it's been serviced that one will probably be a dream to bomb around in.  cloud9:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: How on earth does someone manage to forget
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 11:18:46 PM »
A Cobra would eat them for breakfast and spit out the pieces

Best race I ever saw involved a Shelby Cobra doing just that to an E Type.  And the latter had no mug Jackie Stewart in it

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 11:29:39 PM »
For pure power a cobra would eat the Morgan for breakfast but given that Morgans have a wooden frame they are a blast to throw around turns. Had a lift in one from a friend tearing round back roads and half the fun was not being sure if this was where we were going to end up killing ourselves slamming into a Cornish hedge.

For anyone who hasn't come across one before a Cornish hedge is a granite wall along the sides of small roads that has been overgrown with plant life to the point that you'd never know there was something underneath. I've seen more than one person total their car by swerving to avoid something in the road and end up ploughing straight into one.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 12:00:16 AM »
"Once reconditioned and refurbished, both the collectible vehicles will be worth far more than they are in their current state"

Really?

Leading edge journalism if ever I read it.
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 05:43:48 AM »
"Once reconditioned and refurbished, both the collectible vehicles will be worth far more than they are in their current state"

Really?

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 11:33:27 AM »

Really?

lol: lol: lol:

And we’d have dun so much betterer

“They’re shit, they’re full of mouse shit but some loser will pay big money for them”. ?

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 12:14:04 PM »
For pure power a cobra would eat the Morgan for breakfast but given that Morgans have a wooden frame they are a blast to throw around turns. Had a lift in one from a friend tearing round back roads and half the fun was not being sure if this was where we were going to end up killing ourselves slamming into a Cornish hedge.

For anyone who hasn't come across one before a Cornish hedge is a granite wall along the sides of small roads that has been overgrown with plant life to the point that you'd never know there was something underneath. I've seen more than one person total their car by swerving to avoid something in the road and end up ploughing straight into one.

Thumbs: 

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 06:52:30 PM »

Let me guess, you came a cropper...  whistle:
 Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2018, 08:10:43 AM »

Thumbs:

noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 06:16:41 PM »

Thumbs:

noooo:

Gaaaaah!!  redface: That settles it, between this formatting quirk and the automatic blocking of 'unsafe' content on here (every single youtube link) as soon as I can remember the passwords I use I'm scrapping Opera and using another browser.  Banghead

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 08:21:48 AM »

Thumbs:

noooo:

Gaaaaah!!  redface: That settles it, between this formatting quirk and the automatic blocking of 'unsafe' content on here (every single youtube link) as soon as I can remember the passwords I use I'm scrapping Opera and using another browser.  Banghead

Chrome!  :thumbsup:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: