Author Topic: Chilcot  (Read 3958 times)

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: Chilcot
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 04:50:32 PM »
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 05:07:22 PM »
We can only hope, but I fear "Teflon Tony" will prevail.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 05:17:49 PM »
We can only hope, but I fear "Teflon Tony" will prevail.

I'm with you Uncle....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 05:23:53 PM »
What I could never understand was why he wasn't asked this question:

"Mr Blair did you not think it was your duty to ask the Intelligence Services "are you just telling me what you think I want to hear"

Whether that failure to ask amounts to manslaughter by negligence is debateable but the truth is he didn't need to lie so almost certainly didn't.  The career/honour ambitions of the Intelligence heads did it all for him.   evil: evil: evil:

Someone needs to go to jail over it. 

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 11:08:54 PM »

"Mr Blair did you not think it was your duty to ask the Intelligence Services "are you just telling me what you think I want to hear"

Whether that failure to ask amounts to manslaughter by negligence is debateable but the truth is he didn't need to lie so almost certainly didn't.  The career/honour ambitions of the Intelligence heads did it all for him.   evil: evil: evil:

If Chilcott doesn't ask it then surely the families of those killed and maimed as a result of this whole debacle can ask it in civil cases. Something tells me that having to fork out most of his ill gotten gains in compensation would hurt Tony far more than the vague chance of prison time.  rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 08:10:26 AM »

If Chilcott doesn't ask it then surely the families of those killed and maimed as a result of this whole debacle can ask it in civil cases. Something tells me that having to fork out most of his ill gotten gains in compensation would hurt Tony far more than the vague chance of prison time.  rubschin:
Civil case?   Two hopes at best.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 12:26:11 PM »
Charging the families of the service personnel who lost their lives £767 for a hard copy of the Chilcot report. You insensitive money grabbing two faced bastards. "Oh but we are offering them the chance to look at the 30 page summary online for free" you say. A 30 page summary of a report that is by all accounts 3 times the size of Tolstoy's War and Peace. Just how much are you hoping to bury with this act? Chilcott troughed £750 a day while dragging out this report, are you seriously telling me that you can't afford to give the families the damn thing for free. Hell if it's printing costs give them a digital copy to download.  Banghead

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3623590/Families-British-troops-killed-Iraq-pay-767-read-copy-Chilcot-report.html

Massive cutbacks, kit not fit for purpose, minimal support for injured veterans and now this? I'm amazed that people still consider joining the armed forces these days. Just goes to show that unlike in the halls of power there are still those who believe in putting their country before their own ambitions.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Nick

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 02:13:16 PM »
 cussing: cussing: cussing:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 08:48:12 PM »
Charging the families of the service personnel who lost their lives £767 for a hard copy of the Chilcot report. You insensitive money grabbing two faced bastards. "Oh but we are offering them the chance to look at the 30 page summary online for free" you say. A 30 page summary of a report that is by all accounts 3 times the size of Tolstoy's War and Peace. Just how much are you hoping to bury with this act? Chilcott troughed £750 a day while dragging out this report, are you seriously telling me that you can't afford to give the families the damn thing for free. Hell if it's printing costs give them a digital copy to download.  Banghead

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3623590/Families-British-troops-killed-Iraq-pay-767-read-copy-Chilcot-report.html

Massive cutbacks, kit not fit for purpose, minimal support for injured veterans and now this? I'm amazed that people still consider joining the armed forces these days. Just goes to show that unlike in the halls of power there are still those who believe in putting their country before their own ambitions.

So was it never true or has a U Turn taken place?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36442521

"Chilcot inquiry: Families will get free copy of £767 report"

Smart money would say some idiot erk has been given a right  Spank2: for not engaging brain and checking before talking to the press

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 09:28:07 PM »
It was a Uturn, the families were only going to get a free online version of the summary originally.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 06:04:31 AM »
Bastards!  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs: