Disgusterous

Author Topic: Gordo says 'it wouldn't be British to quit the EU'  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Gordo says 'it wouldn't be British to quit the EU'
« on: May 11, 2016, 06:13:03 AM »
Gordo has come out from under his stone to wade into the Eu referendum debate, quelle surprise he is in favour of remaining.

Mr Brown, who rejected calls to join the euro when he was chancellor in the 1990s, told the Mirror Britain's relationship with the EU had "always been about the benefits we can achieve in jobs, security and quality of life and how these benefits outweigh any disadvantages".

Jobs, security and quality of life? Are you taking the piss? You oversaw the financial meltdown despite being the only world leader that SHOULD have seen it having been Chancellor previously. In fact you brought in most of the deregulation that allowed the banks to continue practices that could only end in financial disaster just so you could say that the economy was healthy when in reality it was based largely on an unstable sub prime housing market. And let's not talk about your passing through as many PFI  'projects' as your could after you had been voted out just to bugger things up for your replacement you two faced slack jawed power hungry arsehole.  cussing:

"I think most people would agree that it's not British or in tune with the Churchillian spirit to simply disengage when Ukraine is in turmoil. It is not British to retreat to Europe's sidelines when there is a common fight against illegal immigration and terrorism.
"It is certainly not British... to allow ourselves to be on the periphery when important defence and security decisions are made, not only in Nato but in the European Union."

It's certainly not British to simply hand over sovereign powers to unelected bureaucrats blithely ignoring the massive problems, incompetence, corruption and arrogance  within the EU. If there was a realistic chance of being able to make positive changes to the body then we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. But for that to be the case we need a Prime Minister with a spine who wasn't thinking about getting a cushy job within the EU after their term and an EU President with a sense of honour and there is more chance of your former colleague Bliar actually telling the truth about Iraq and how he made his money than there is of that happening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36263256

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/10/inspiring-view-britishness-defeat-brexit-isolationists
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Gordo says 'it wouldn't be British to quit the EU'
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 05:08:41 PM »
Every time I hear that Frog head of the IMF warning us about Brexit it stiffens my reolve to vote OUT evil: evil:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: Gordo says 'it wouldn't be British to quit the EU'
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 05:00:12 PM »
Every time I hear that Frog head of the IMF warning us about Brexit it stiffens my reolve to vote OUT evil: evil:

Gavison.... Thumbs: