Disgusterous

Author Topic: Yikes  (Read 7146 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Yikes
« on: February 20, 2016, 03:30:10 PM »
The official version

http://www.airlive.net/live-british-airways-dreamliner-ba33-to-kuala-lumpur-is-returning-to-heathrow/

My nephew was on the flight

One of the doors blew out  scared2: scared2: scared2: scared2:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: Yikes
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 03:33:39 PM »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 03:37:58 PM »

I wonder if he used to fly Lancasters...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 08:13:27 PM »
At Gatwick they are known as BinLiners or Screamliners. They're shit. Ask Thomson or Norwegian - both of whom have some and both of whom have considerably more problems with them than they have with the rest of their fleet.

There is a phrase - "If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going!". No-one says it much anymore.

Airbus all the way  :thumbsup:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 08:40:16 PM »
At Gatwick they are known as BinLiners or Screamliners. They're shit. Ask Thomson or Norwegian - both of whom have some and both of whom have considerably more problems with them than they have with the rest of their fleet.

There is a phrase - "If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going!". No-one says it much anymore.

So I shouldn't have booked a long haul flight on one you say  scared2:

Too fucking late now
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 08:49:10 PM »

Too fucking late now

They haven't fallen out of the sky so don't worry.

Airbus achieve a 99.6% take-off rate - so only 4 in 1000 fail to get in the air for a technical reason. BinLiners only achieve 95% - 50 in 1,000. That's a BIG difference and hugely costly to the airlines. Parked up in the remote stands is an Airbus A340 which Boeing pay for on behalf of Norwegian as a spare to use when their BinLiners go wrong. Norwegian SPECIFICALLY insisted on an Airbus. That must really hurt Boeing  point:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 08:58:03 PM »

Too fucking late now

Airbus achieve a 99.6% take-off rate - so only 4 in 1000 fail to get in the air for a technical reason. BinLiners only achieve 95% - 50 in 1,000. That's a BIG difference and hugely costly to the airlines. Parked up in the remote stands is an Airbus A340 which Boeing pay for on behalf of Norwegian as a spare to use when their BinLiners go wrong. Norwegian SPECIFICALLY insisted on an Airbus. That must really hurt Boeing  point:

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 09:22:55 PM »

Too fucking late now

lol: lol: lol: lol:

But A340s are crap too.  AirBus's biggest failure.  Too slow and too thirsty

Hopefully Virgin Binliners from Thiefrow in November will be OK.  I had heard reliability was much better after that dreadful first year

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 09:36:51 PM »

Too fucking late now

lol: lol: lol: lol:

But A340s are crap too.  AirBus's biggest failure.  Too slow and too thirsty

Hopefully Virgin Binliners from Thiefrow in November will be OK.  I had heard reliability was much better after that dreadful first year

A340-300's are thirsty and there is no reason to have them over a A330-300. The A340-600's have huge capacity that offsets the thirst. Regardless of thirst, they are far more reliable than BinLiners. Boeing is paying, Norwegian don't care.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 10:06:04 PM »
I have a personal reason to hate A340s. 

They had a design flaw.  Those folding loo doors used to have the fold edges fit flush (Boeing have always had them chamfered) so I goes for a leak ad pushes the door shut to find all the high nerve density soft flesh on my right hand trapped in the fold.  I've had all sorts of painful experiences but that one was possibly the worst. 

I shall report back about BinLiners in November

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 11:40:00 PM »

They had a design flaw.  Those folding loo doors used to have the fold edges fit flush (Boeing have always had them chamfered) so I goes for a leak ad pushes the door shut to find all the high nerve density soft flesh on my right hand trapped in the fold.  I've had all sorts of painful experiences but that one was possibly the worst. 

Or not ..... whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 07:05:18 AM »

Or not ..... whistle:

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2016, 10:55:57 AM »

Or not ..... whistle:

scared2:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 11:38:32 AM »
Dreamliner engine failure.

https://twitter.com/flightradar24

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 12:10:44 PM »
Dreamliner engine failure.

https://twitter.com/flightradar24
scared2: scared2:

Cue "if the other one fails we'll be up here all day" reruns?