Author Topic: VW  (Read 4531 times)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: VW
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 08:10:00 PM »
You underestimate the man on the British street.
Don't give a monkey's about emissions etc.
Just wait a while until VW hits the bottom then get a pretty decent car very cheap.  Thumbs:

Quite right!  :thumbsup:

Do you want to send your car back and get it 'fixed' so it meets some arbitrary emissions standard yet loses Xbhp and Xmpg or leave it as it is...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 10:01:20 PM »
Just wait a while until VW hits the bottom then get a pretty decent car very cheap.  Thumbs:

Do you want to send your car back and get it 'fixed' so it meets some arbitrary emissions standard yet loses Xbhp and Xmpg or leave it as it is...?  rubschin:
Or like I said get a full refund of the initial purchase price and then go and buy it back off a dealer for half that.

Don't take a lot of  rubschin: imho

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 10:03:37 PM »

Or like I said get a full refund of the initial purchase price and then go and buy it back off a dealer for half that.

Don't take a lot of  rubschin: imho

Cheapskates....... noooo:

whistle:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 10:11:24 PM »
But what really pisses me off is we're all going to get PPIesque phone calls about VW now.

I'm not so sure of that, it will depend on how easy it is for call centres and data supply companies to get  customer data specific to purchasing a VW. PPI, debt relief and sub prime product campaigns were easy enough to put together in the scheme of things as it's easy for data supply companies to get information on whether someone has a credit card or loan and if they are a low, medium or high credit risk and but on the datasets I had to process for call lists information actually showing which lender the product was with was rare on new data and usually only obtained after agents had talked to that particular person.

There may be some campaigns but I don't think there will be anywhere near the saturation level of PPI calls.
Could be big.  It's not like only those with PPI insurance got the bloody calls is it.  Same with VWs

Reports already talking of 25 class action suits in the USA.

VW have got to hope these cars as is still meet the EU limits for the tax bands they currently fit in.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 12:58:32 AM »
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 07:19:44 AM »
Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the diesel engine - Clarkson was right all along ; it IS the fuel of the devil. In turbo diesel form it does produce astonishing levels of torque (thus good for lorries and those big red things poor people get on) but even with all the available technology and particulate filters it still emits a whole host of incredibly harmful shite. In fact, the new particulate filters may actually make things worse as the particles that do manage to get through are so microscopic that there are concerns that they will be ingested straight through the lungs into the bloodstream. At least the old "big" particulates got caught in the lungs.

A simple fact is that if all 24,000 black cabs in london were replaced with V8 petrol Range Rovers, the air quality in London would be massively improved. So there might be more CO2 - but CO2 doesn't kill people, it merely dents the Ozone layer. Which is fucked anyway thanks to the US of A and China.

R.I.P diesel. And good riddance.  :thumbsup:

Offline Nick

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 07:21:49 AM »
I have a diesel  rubschin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 07:24:35 AM »
I have a diesel  rubschin:

Then quite simply, you are a murderer.

Offline Nick

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 07:25:30 AM »
But it does 70 mpg and diesel is cheaper than petrol :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 07:29:49 AM »
But it does 70 mpg and diesel is cheaper than petrol :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What price life?

Callous, miserly murderer.

Offline Nick

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2015, 07:30:27 AM »
 scared2:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2015, 07:37:24 AM »
scared2:

And anyway, the amount you earn, you should be being driven around in a gold plated, diamond-encrusted Maybach.  :thumbsup:

Offline Nick

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 07:39:45 AM »
 rubschin:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2015, 08:25:18 AM »
Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the diesel engine - Clarkson was right all along ; it IS the fuel of the devil. In turbo diesel form it does produce astonishing levels of torque (thus good for lorries and those big red things poor people get on) but even with all the available technology and particulate filters it still emits a whole host of incredibly harmful shite. In fact, the new particulate filters may actually make things worse as the particles that do manage to get through are so microscopic that there are concerns that they will be ingested straight through the lungs into the bloodstream. At least the old "big" particulates got caught in the lungs.

A simple fact is that if all 24,000 black cabs in london were replaced with V8 petrol Range Rovers, the air quality in London would be massively improved. So there might be more CO2 - but CO2 doesn't kill people, it merely dents the Ozone layer. Which is fucked anyway thanks to the US of A and China.

R.I.P diesel. And good riddance.  :thumbsup:
worthy:

(Mrs K has a diesel - against my wishes but you have to them have their way don't you)

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2015, 09:52:00 AM »
I mostly despair