Disgusterous

Author Topic: Wonderful (#2)  (Read 4296 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Wonderful (#2)
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 12:57:03 PM »
How can you paint a real firearm with orange paint and make it transparent orange?

Do they have to be transparent now...?

The ones I have seen look rather like this...

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 01:20:21 PM »
How can you paint a real firearm with orange paint and make it transparent orange?

Perhaps gold instead of orange?

I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 01:30:33 PM »

Perfect!  lol:

When I worked in a pub many, many years ago, one of the customers was a policemen that used to regale us with amusing anecdotes of his working life...

...once he was telling us about a court appearance when the defendants were accused of armed robbery at a post office... apparently during the apprehension of the aforementioned defendants he had called them 'cunts'....

The defending barrister was asking why he had called his clients 'cunts' to which he allegedly replied: -

"Anybody that steals a matched pair of Purdy shotguns worth £100,000 and then saws the barrels off to use them to steal £300 from a post office is a cunt in my opinion"

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 01:48:17 PM »

Perfect!  lol:

When I worked in a pub many, many years ago, one of the customers was a policemen that used to regale us with amusing anecdotes of his working life...

...once he was telling us about a court appearance when the defendants were accused of armed robbery at a post office... apparently during the apprehension of the aforementioned defendants he had called them 'cunts'....

The defending barrister was asking why he had called his clients 'cunts' to which he allegedly replied: -

"Anybody that steals a matched pair of Purdy shotguns worth £100,000 and then saws the barrels off to use them to steal £300 from a post office is a cunt in my opinion"

:thumbsup:
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2015, 02:15:01 PM »

Well they do all seem to be transparent. Not sure I can be arsed to google the Toy Guns Act 200whatever but I reckon it says they have to be more different than that ^ and a Glock dipped in paint

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2015, 02:47:11 PM »

Well they do all seem to be transparent. Not sure I can be arsed to google the Toy Guns Act 200whatever but I reckon it says they have to be more different than that ^ and a Glock dipped in paint

Here you go, I googled that for you!  :thumbsup:

3.2 The previous codes of practice for toy firearms specified a bright orange or red plug. The Violent Crime Reduction Act (together with the Violent Crime Reduction Act (Realistic Imitation Firearms) Regulations 2007) requires that further measures must be taken to enable imitation firearms to be distinguished from real firearms. 

Therefore a toy firearm may either: -

3.2.1     be constructed entirely of transparent  materials which permit unmistakable observation of the complete contents of the device, or 

3.2.2     be coloured in bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright blue, bright pink or bright purple either singly or as the principal colour in combination with the other colours in any pattern, or

3.2.3     be a miniature toy firearm – that is to say less than 38mm in height and 70mm in length, (excluding any gun stock measurement).

3.2.4     be a toy firearm the appearance of which would tend to identify it as having a design and mechanism of a sort first dating from before the year 1870.

3.2.5     be clearly identifiable as a toy by its general appearance or shape not having similarities with real firearms e.g. futuristic weapons, “ray guns” and similar. 

So yeah, a Glock and tin of orange paint would suffice....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2015, 04:19:33 PM »
Well in that case when I wrote:
. .  So sorry but orange barrels are fine by me.
please read it to mean:  So sorry but orange translucent or transparent barrels are fine by me.

In order to fully comply with:
3.1 A toy firearm shall be distinguishable from a real firearm or a realistic imitation firearm as defined above.

And would that really affect kids playing gun games?  I have no idea Shrugs:

I did look at the Cyprus deaths by firearms stats   noooo:  linkythingy

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2015, 05:13:50 PM »

Perfect!  lol:

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2015, 05:29:54 PM »

Perfect!  lol:

;D ;D ;D ;D
lol: lol: lol: lol: lol:

Scene from the Sweeney movie?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2015, 06:49:30 PM »
Well in that case when I wrote:
. .  So sorry but orange barrels are fine by me.
please read it to mean:  So sorry but orange translucent or transparent barrels are fine by me.

In order to fully comply with:
3.1 A toy firearm shall be distinguishable from a real firearm or a realistic imitation firearm as defined above.

And would that really affect kids playing gun games?  I have no idea Shrugs:

I did look at the Cyprus deaths by firearms stats   noooo:  linkythingy

It doesn't mention barrels.... ::)

Therefore a toy firearm may either: -

3.2.2     be coloured in bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright blue, bright pink or bright purple either singly or as the principal colour in combination with the other colours in any pattern, or
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2015, 08:56:06 PM »
I'm surprised that yellow is still on the the list considering

rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.