Author Topic: Wonderful (#2)  (Read 4297 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Wonderful (#2)
« on: September 21, 2015, 10:45:05 AM »
Went to the village last night to eat and have a few drinks... was lovely sitting outside one of the bars that had a guy on acoustic guitar.... very nice...

It was the celebration of the Church's Name Day this weekend - the Cypriots take it very seriously with processions around the village and other events...

The village square was filled with stalls ranging from bagatelle games where you win prizes (LL got a huge cock), food stalls of various sorts and loads of stalls selling tat and toys...

One of the stalls (or several perhaps) was selling toy guns - consequently all the kids boys were running around with various weapons, assault rifles, sniper rifles and hand guns. Most had a Glock tucked into their belts or cunningly concealed down their socks. None of the guns had orange barrels or anything else that would make it clear that it was a toy - they all looked very realistic.

I remember doing the same things as a kid - we had cap guns then, not guns that made electronic shooting noises and sometimes spud guns... Great fun!

I thought how sad it was that kids couldn't do that in the UK now without some prodnose calling the police and an armed response unit turning up...  noooo:

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

Re: Wonderful (#2)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 10:55:50 AM »
Good news about the cock :thumbsup:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 11:05:40 AM »
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 11:10:29 AM »
. . .It was the celebration of the Church's Name Day this weekend . . .
Bit worrying though that the church is called Dorothy

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 11:13:09 AM »
OK then as it is the Commons [serious mode]

. .I thought how sad it was that kids couldn't do that in the UK now without some prodnose calling the police and an armed response unit turning up...  noooo:
Agreed but was it really the Police's fault when bastards used kids to traffic real guns?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 11:16:14 AM »
Good news about the cock :thumbsup:

Child... ::)

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 11:21:06 AM »
OK then as it is the Commons [serious mode]

. .I thought how sad it was that kids couldn't do that in the UK now without some prodnose calling the police and an armed response unit turning up...  noooo:
Agreed but was it really the Police's fault when bastards used kids to traffic real guns?

No, but (as far as I can observe) plod has no common sense or sense of proportion any more - and the sheeple don't seem to either....  noooo:

Wasn't there one recently at a car wash or something (can't be arsed to search for it) where some member of the pubic called the police because the owners son had left his (obviously) toy gun lying around.

Not only did the police feel the need to swoop but they insisted on taking the boy's (obviously) toy gun away for examination by firearms experts...

'pubic' was deliberate by the way....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 11:37:23 AM »
Plod has always done stupid things at times, with the wonder of the internet we now get a very distorted view of life so the unusual appears to be the norm

I have no real idea of how much child gun crime goes on in the UK but I am certain I don't want there to be any more.  I'm not keen either on the idea of some poor bank cashier scared out of their wits by a realistic looking Glock that is actually a plastic toy.  So sorry but orange barrels are fine by me.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 11:48:45 AM »
In San Marino there were quite a few weapon shops as apparently it has the most unrestricted gun laws in Europe. So anyone could
obtain a sub machine or other 'light' weapons . Quite alarming  eeek:

Happily selling little replica BB guns for the kids who were delighted to be going around 'killing' each other

But all in the best possible taste  lol:
Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 12:14:31 PM »
What did you buy?  scared2:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 12:23:08 PM »
My main instrument of torture is my  tongue  whistle:
Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 12:24:48 PM »
 shutup:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2015, 12:29:56 PM »
Plod has always done stupid things at times, with the wonder of the internet we now get a very distorted view of life so the unusual appears to be the norm

I have no real idea of how much child gun crime goes on in the UK but I am certain I don't want there to be any more.  I'm not keen either on the idea of some poor bank cashier scared out of their wits by a realistic looking Glock that is actually a plastic toy.  So sorry but orange barrels are fine by me.

The obvious flaw in the scheme is that + = toy gun

Where do we go after the first incident of a real gun being though to be a toy because it was painted orange - ban all toy guns...?

Surely, if somebody goes into a bank and points a gun at the cashier he should be prosecuted for armed robbery even if the gun is later discovered to be a toy...?

In most of these events a little common sense is all that is required...

...like in Pissouri last night, nobody thought for a second that the children running round with guns were planning to rob the bank (which was closed anyway) or assassinate one of the party goers...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2015, 12:39:02 PM »
How can you paint a real firearm with orange paint and make it transparent orange?