Author Topic: ebay  (Read 3469 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
ebay
« on: September 09, 2015, 05:17:34 PM »
 Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead

Explode:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

Re: ebay
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 05:22:03 PM »
PICNIC
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 05:25:52 PM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 05:27:41 PM »
 Liar:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 05:41:20 PM »
I've been living here for 13 years buying and selling on ebay...

One of the issues I have is that lots of people won't ship to Cyprus for various reasons. So sometimes I have to contact the seller and ask if they will ship to an address in the UK and get it brought out here...

Today I want to list some items so that the auction finishes on a Saturday... I upload all the stuff, all the pictures and tick every single fecking box... All the delivery prices, etcetera, etcetera, et-bloody-cetera....

When I preview the ad it says that the goods are in Worthing - my sister's address. I haven't used that address since she took back a camera from here 12 years ago and shipped it for me after I sold it on an ebay auction. Feck knows how ebay has suddenly reverted to that address... it also has my home address as my house in Maidenhead that I sold when we moved here.

So, into 'my ebay' and type in all the new address details... but every time I press SAVE it says 'page not available'...

Try different computers, FireFox, IE, Chrome, tablet, etc. with the same result...

Contact customer support and (after trying different computers, FireFox, IE, Chrome, tablet, etc.) they can't work out what is wrong either - but they can't just change the bleddy address for me...

So, I can change all of the other bleddy addresses but not the one that eventually links a listing to say 'good are in Worthing'....

noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 05:42:24 PM »
 char090

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 06:02:27 PM »
I like Worthing.... Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 06:07:27 PM »

One of the issues I have is that lots of people won't ship to Cyprus for various reasons. So sometimes I have to contact the seller and ask if they will ship to an address in the UK and get it brought out here...

Today I want to list some items so that the auction finishes on a Saturday... I upload all the stuff, all the pictures and tick every single fecking box... All the delivery prices, etcetera, etcetera, et-bloody-cetera....

When I preview the ad it says that the goods are in Worthing - my sister's address. I haven't used that address since she took back a camera from here 12 years ago and shipped it for me after I sold it on an ebay auction. Feck knows how ebay has suddenly reverted to that address... it also has my home address as my house in Maidenhead that I sold when we moved here.

So, into 'my ebay' and type in all the new address details... but every time I press SAVE it says 'page not available'...

Try different computers, FireFox, IE, Chrome, tablet, etc. with the same result...

Contact customer support and (after trying different computers, FireFox, IE, Chrome, tablet, etc.) they can't work out what is wrong either - but they can't just change the bleddy address for me...

So, I can change all of the other bleddy addresses but not the one that eventually links a listing to say 'good are in Worthing'....

noooo:

I'm assuming that you use Paypal, are the addresses on that account updated?  rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 06:19:31 PM »

noooo:

I'm assuming that you use Paypal, are the addresses on that account updated?  rubschin:

Yes!  Thumbs:

It is some bizarre ebay problem.... that is the only place I have used the Worthing address...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 06:21:04 PM »
I know a joke about WOrthing  :thumbsup:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 06:23:19 PM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 09:22:59 PM »
I know a joke about WOrthing  :thumbsup:

Is it original?  rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2015, 09:45:07 PM »

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!