Disgusterous

Author Topic: Bastard Barclays  (Read 5224 times)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Bastard Barclays
« on: July 16, 2015, 03:17:35 PM »
I've been a customer of Barclays for forty years man and boy...

So they send me a letter...

Quote from: Bastard Barclays
As part of a global review of our business, Barclays has taken the strategic decision to focus on a core set of 70 markets globally. We have therefore taken the decision to, over time, close accounts for those clients who fall outside our new market strategy. As a result of this decision, we are introducing a new minimum threshold for clients resident in Cyprus. With effect from 11 September 2015 you will be required to maintain £100,000 in your Barclays accounts. If you do not take action, we will close your accounts on or shortly after 11 September 2015

Bastards!  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

Re: Bastard Barclays
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 03:20:02 PM »
Wanker speak. Bastards Banghead

Or just pay in £100000 whistle:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 03:23:02 PM »
Wanker speak. Bastards Banghead

Or just pay in £100000 whistle:

Given that the protection limit is £85,000 (just about to change to £75,000?) you'd have to be a loony to do so...

They can re-arrange the words "off", "right" and "fuck" as they wish....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 03:25:12 PM »
Cos the pound is so strong against the Euro  whistle:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 03:47:14 PM »

As part of a global review of our business, Barclays has taken the strategic decision to focus on a core set of 70 markets globally. We have therefore taken the decision to, over time, close accounts for those clients who fall outside our new market strategy. As a result of this decision, we are introducing a new minimum threshold for clients resident in Cyprus. With effect from 11 September 2015 you will be required to maintain £100,000 in your Barclays accounts. If you do not take action, we will close your accounts on or shortly after 11 September 2015

Bastards!  cussing:

Never have such problems with Coutts.  angel1

If you take no action before the deadline, do they just take your deposits out in cash and send round a man with a sack of Euros?

I hope you will do what I would and withdraw all but £1 and then 'take no action' to see how much they waste in letters and phone calls.  whistle:
I mostly despair

Offline Nick

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 03:50:25 PM »
 :thumbsup: eveilgrin:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 03:52:39 PM »

Bastards!  cussing:

If you take no action before the deadline, do they just take your deposits out in cash and send round a man with a sack of Euros?

I hope you will do what I would and withdraw all but £1 and then 'take no action' to see how much they waste in letters and phone calls.  whistle:

worthy:

Oh Mr. Darwin Sir.... you have just cost Barclays thousands!  eveilgrin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 04:00:15 PM »

Bastards!  cussing:

worthy:

Oh Mr. Darwin Sir.... you have just cost Barclays thousands!  eveilgrin:
:thumbsup:
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 05:39:17 PM »
I await the "Sussex isn't one of our core markets either" letter.

Strange bank Barclays but they've been my bank for 44 years now and they do some things well like put up with my mother

Well, whatever, nevermind

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 05:49:36 PM »

Strange bank Barclays but they've been my bank for 44 years now and they do some things well like put up with my mother

We've found them to be shyte of late....

When 'somehow' they managed to remove "Cyprus" from our address it took months and months of phone calls to get it reinstated...

Their loss....

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 08:58:05 PM »

When 'somehow' they managed to remove "Cyprus" from our address it took months and months of phone calls to get it reinstated...

Their loss....
Some true Barclays stories

1. Took out travel insurance with them.  A week laer receive letter "we're sorry you've decided to leave Barclays Premiere banking"  Angry phone call, "we'll check".  A week later they write "we've reinstated you but it counts as a new member so we will have to charge you. BASTARDS  A month later "we are reviewing Premiere and now you have to keep £100k in (sound familiar amount?).  Well I wasn't doing that.  Months go by and now 2 years and they haven't slung us out or charged us.  Bonkers

2.  Last year they did something very right.  I send an email saying "thanks".  I receive a letter "sorry you had cause to complain, have £50 on us".  I did wonder if I sent a note saying "thanks" I'd get another £50.  Anyway Bonkers

3.  Go to O2 to see those Monty Python people.  Ask Barclays if we get in their private lounge on account of this Premiere account (we don't pay for and don't keep enough £ with you for).  oh yes they said.  Quite nice really but still a bit Bonkers

4.  Mother gets card blocked on account of trying her 6 digit phone number as a 4 digit PIN.  We take her to the branch.  She has no current means of identity and a signature that doesn't remotely match the one on file.  Manager decides he can bend the rules a lot and even let her walk out with £200 in cash.  MAGNIFICENT!  :thumbsup:

So do not be shocked if in a months time you have you account upgraded to Premiere, £50 thrown at you, entry to their O2 lounge and the opportunity to steal the identity of an elderly person of your choice.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 11:25:44 PM »
It is all over the ex=pat forums....

Offline Steve

• Power Poster

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 05:41:24 AM »

Their loss....
Some true Barclays stories

1. Took out travel insurance with them.  A week laer receive letter "we're sorry you've decided to leave Barclays Premiere banking"  Angry phone call, "we'll check".  A week later they write "we've reinstated you but it counts as a new member so we will have to charge you. BASTARDS  A month later "we are reviewing Premiere and now you have to keep £100k in (sound familiar amount?).  Well I wasn't doing that.  Months go by and now 2 years and they haven't slung us out or charged us.  Bonkers

2.  Last year they did something very right.  I send an email saying "thanks".  I receive a letter "sorry you had cause to complain, have £50 on us".  I did wonder if I sent a note saying "thanks" I'd get another £50.  Anyway Bonkers

3.  Go to O2 to see those Monty Python people.  Ask Barclays if we get in their private lounge on account of this Premiere account (we don't pay for and don't keep enough £ with you for).  oh yes they said.  Quite nice really but still a bit Bonkers

4.  Mother gets card blocked on account of trying her 6 digit phone number as a 4 digit PIN.  We take her to the branch.  She has no current means of identity and a signature that doesn't remotely match the one on file.  Manager decides he can bend the rules a lot and even let her walk out with £200 in cash.  MAGNIFICENT!  :thumbsup:

So do not be shocked if in a months time you have you account upgraded to Premiere, £50 thrown at you, entry to their O2 lounge and the opportunity to steal the identity of an elderly person of your choice.

rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 07:28:11 AM »
Maybe they've had to ask you for munny to fund all these freebies they've thrown at me