Author Topic: Bliar named Philanthropist of the year???  (Read 14843 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Bliar named Philanthropist of the year???
« on: September 03, 2014, 02:19:05 AM »
I wasn't sure whether to put this into fantastic headlines or Shouting at the news instead but something this mind blowingly stupid deserves its own thread. How the hell does this evil deranged self obsessed lying tosser qualify as a philanthropist? Who else was in the running for crying out loud Kim Jong Un, Vladimir Putin, Benjamin Netanyahu and Bashar al-Assad? This is the man who's 'charity' work has included advising the leader of Kazakhstan how to improve his image after his police slaughtered unarmed protesters. And lets not even get started about the results of his work in the middle east that has made the rest of the world so safe.  noooo:

What's next ISIS get the Nobel Peace Prize?  Banghead

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2741328/What-Middle-East-crisis-Disbelief-Tony-Blair-handed-jaw-dropping-philanthropist-year-title-GQ-awards-ceremony.html
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Bliar named Philanthropist of the year???
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 04:57:57 AM »
I wasn't sure whether to put this into fantastic headlines or Shouting at the news instead but something this mind blowingly stupid deserves its own thread. How the hell does this evil deranged self obsessed lying tosser qualify as a philanthropist? Who else was in the running for crying out loud Kim Jong Un, Vladimir Putin, Benjamin Netanyahu and Bashar al-Assad? This is the man who's 'charity' work has included advising the leader of Kazakhstan how to improve his image after his police slaughtered unarmed protesters. And lets not even get started about the results of his work in the middle east that has made the rest of the world so safe.  noooo:

What's next ISIS get the Nobel Peace Prize?  Banghead

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2741328/What-Middle-East-crisis-Disbelief-Tony-Blair-handed-jaw-dropping-philanthropist-year-title-GQ-awards-ceremony.html

"                                                                                             "
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 07:29:26 AM »
In the more literal meaning of a philanthropist, a lover of mankind, I should think he fits the bill.

He must be totally smitten with the masses who keep pouring cash into his slimy pockets.  evil:
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 08:22:01 AM »
Just so mind staggeringly wrong on so many levels

Banghead
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 10:06:58 AM »
 noooo:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 10:53:29 AM »
I used to wonder what GQ stood for when I was a kid, now I realise its short for Gormless Qunt.  Banghead
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline beerhead

• Wet behind the ears
  • Not quite a regular
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 11:03:20 AM »
And they say satire died when Henry Kissinger got the Nobel Peace Prize !
Not quite a regular ! Regular as clockwork me !

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 11:23:37 AM »
I started looking at the other awards that were given out and some of them show just how much of a joke the whole thing is starting to become. Kim Kardashian as woman of the year, are you fucking serious? Woman of the year should be awarded to someone who has worked tirelessly, say someone like Malala Yousafzai who even after being shot in the head by the Taliban for going to school STILL campaigns for the right to education for women. It certainly should not go to some vacuous tart who's claim to fame boils down to an 'accidentally' released sex tape, an inane 'reality' TV show and a string of exes who have actually earned their fame through hard work.

Giving Kim something like this just means that there are going to be loads of young impressionable girls who end up deciding that she is an ideal role model and someone to look up to.  Banghead

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 11:34:52 AM »
I started looking at the other awards that were given out and some of them show just how much of a joke the whole thing is starting to become. Kim Kardashian as woman of the year, are you fucking serious? Woman of the year should be awarded to someone who has worked tirelessly, say someone like Malala Yousafzai who even after being shot in the head by the Taliban for going to school STILL campaigns for the right to education for women. It certainly should not go to some vacuous tart who's claim to fame boils down to an 'accidentally' released sex tape, an inane 'reality' TV show and a string of exes who have actually earned their fame through hard work.

Giving Kim something like this just means that there are going to be loads of young impressionable girls who end up deciding that she is an ideal role model and someone to look up to.  Banghead

noooo:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 11:40:27 AM »

Not a fan then ?  rubschin:
Skubber

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 11:49:24 AM »

At least Cheryl Cole didn't win..... Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 05:09:41 PM »

At least Cheryl Cole didn't win..... Thumbs:

yet, 2015 awards just 364 days away

And what the Meister said - seconded
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2014, 09:08:27 AM »
It appears that money is going missing at Tony's Faith Foundation. Now I could be being overly cynical here but if the figure quoted is £50k then something tells me the actual amount is going to be a hell of a lot higher.  rubschin:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2789589/50-000-goes-missing-tony-blair-s-charity.html

Any theories on where the cash ended up folks?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2014, 09:22:17 AM »
It appears that money is going missing at Tony's Faith Foundation. Now I could be being overly cynical here but if the figure quoted is £50k then something tells me the actual amount is going to be a hell of a lot higher.  rubschin:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2789589/50-000-goes-missing-tony-blair-s-charity.html

Any theories on where the cash ended up folks?

rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 04:49:29 PM »
And I wonder just how many other secret deals Tony has set up under the table. And as for the claim that this had nothing to do with the middle east, just how do you come to that conclusion? The SAUDI ARABIAN oil firm that paid you £41k PER MONTH not and that's before any commission from deals brokered is run part owned and run by a member of the Saudi royal family if that wasn't dodgy enough on it's own the fact that you made sure the deal would be kept secret is even more damning.

You role as middle east peace envoy requires you to he honest and have no conflicts of interest. Well guess what, you fail on both counts and while I know that this will never happen because your bank balance is more important than your sense of honour but anyone with even a minuscule degree of integrity who had been caught in this position would have fallen on their sword, resigned, and at least considered paying back their taxpayer funded wages is shame.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2827263/Blair-signed-secret-contract-Saudi-oil-firm-promising-41-000-month-slice-deals-helped-broker.html