Author Topic: Christmas miracle laptop.  (Read 9015 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Christmas miracle laptop.
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2015, 04:45:35 PM »
Never ever UPgrade. It always causes shite  to occur  noooo:

Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2015, 04:48:38 PM »
Never ever UPgrade. It always causes shite  to occur  noooo:

Thumbs:

Just coz you tell LL that....... noooo:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2015, 05:20:11 PM »
Now nothing works.  surrender:

I am pulling my hair out!!!!

I use mp3Rocket for downloading all my music for work, this morning I was told that I had to update the version I had.....so I did. After uninstalling the old version and getting the new shiny one, the puter then laughed at me and while giving me the finger, told me the puter is too old to support it.

(this was after 2 hours of pressing buttons n stuff)

I now have no Mp3 Rocket, no hair and Apey seems to be spending far too long buying the broccolli I sent him for.  rubschin:

System Restore might get it back for you, otherwise http://mp3-rocket-download.soft32.com/old-version/  should have what you were using
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2015, 05:22:26 PM »

I use mp3Rocket for downloading all my music for work, this morning I was told that I had to update the version I had.....so I did. After uninstalling the old version and getting the new shiny one, the puter then laughed at me and while giving me the finger, told me the puter is too old to support it.

I now have no Mp3 Rocket, no hair and Apey seems to be spending far too long buying the broccolli I sent him for.  rubschin:

System Restore might get it back for you, otherwise http://mp3-rocket-download.soft32.com/old-version/  should have what you were using

Thumbs:  will try later.....the problem is our home PC is older than BM........ noooo:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2015, 05:24:54 PM »

Thumbs:  will try later.....the problem is our home PC is older than BM........ noooo:
Was used to crack Enigma codes you say?
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2015, 05:26:14 PM »

Not possible! Silicon had not yet been invented when he was made . . .
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2015, 05:36:41 PM »
 evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2015, 06:08:50 PM »
 point: point: point:

cheers Steve. I will give it a go. Everything has changed without me doing a thing now. took me ten minutes to get on the pub, my shortcut icon is now a big red O, and whenever I try to open something, this evil menace called Opera takes over.  shrugs: Yargh:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2015, 09:50:23 PM »

You have the Antikythera device for a PC???  eeek: eeek: eeek:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2015, 03:24:59 PM »
The putor man fixed an old laptop from ???? he reckons it is the oldest laptop he has worked on.... redface:  but  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2015, 03:29:12 PM »
Does it type in Gothic script?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2015, 03:36:11 PM »
Does it type in Gothic script?

No...But the caplock comes off the second letter each time,,,,,, whistle:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2015, 05:34:19 PM »
The putor man fixed an old laptop from ???? he reckons it is the oldest laptop he has worked on.... redface:  but  Thumbs:

With a 3D printer?

I mostly despair