Author Topic: Bloody antibiotics  (Read 8286 times)

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
Bloody antibiotics
« on: October 31, 2013, 09:01:06 AM »
My consultant, my GP and the microbiology department  in the hospital (and me) are all having difficulty clearing up the initial infection that started me on the road to renal failure and C diff.  I am now taking Vancomycin (£124 for a 7 day course) which I have been taking since August. On the advice of the microbiologist I am now on yet another antibiotic for the secondary infection. For those of you who have not died of bordom I will soon be finished.

I am usually OK with antibiotics not with this bugger, it is a high dose and the tablet is huge, the damned thing has completely knocked me sideways.  evil:

I am one very pissed off bunny this is tempered by the fact that I am grateful to be alive. I am fed up with feeling totally blergh and sleeping so much. Only another three days to go and things might get better I will tentatively plan a party.

Sorry about that folks rant over I was feeling sorry for myself and needed to get that off my chest.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible. ;D
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Bloody antibiotics
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 09:02:29 AM »
Pinot is good for you  :thumbsup:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 09:15:08 AM »
My consultant, my GP and the microbiology department  in the hospital (and me) are all having difficulty clearing up the initial infection that started me on the road to renal failure and C diff.  I am now taking Vancomycin (£124 for a 7 day course) which I have been taking since August. On the advice of the microbiologist I am now on yet another antibiotic for the secondary infection. For those of you who have not died of bordom I will soon be finished.

I am usually OK with antibiotics not with this bugger, it is a high dose and the tablet is huge, the damned thing has completely knocked me sideways.  evil:

I am one very pissed off bunny this is tempered by the fact that I am grateful to be alive. I am fed up with feeling totally blergh and sleeping so much. Only another three days to go and things might get better I will tentatively plan a party.

Sorry about that folks rant over I was feeling sorry for myself and needed to get that off my chest.

Are you sure it is to be swallowed and not, um... you know like.....  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 10:45:37 AM »

lol: lol: lol:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 11:16:50 AM »

Hope it works well Miss C.  To be all blergh and then piss taken by BM ought to have a rapid reward.

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 12:18:59 PM »

You mean an innuendo?

happy100 Miss C.
I mostly despair

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 12:27:45 PM »

You mean an innuendo?

happy100 Miss C.

drumroll:   lol: lol:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 12:17:03 AM »
Bloody hell Miss C, you've been through it  happy100. Here's to a speedier recovery  eastdrink048
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 06:16:43 PM »

Hope it works well Miss C.  To be all blergh and then piss taken by BM ought to have a rapid reward.

Good grief Steve do you mean that it was BM who stole my catheter. Shocked:

I will shortly be opening a very cold bottle of Pinot.  The first for a while.  As the lady in the pharmacy handed me the last lot of antibiotics she warned me not to drink otherwise I would be horribly ill.

I take great pride in the fact that I didn't say 'I am taking this to try and stop me being horribly ill'. They are a nice bunch in there I thought that I would show them my kind side. angel1

Thank you for the hugs chaps and chapesses much appreciated.  I have never been advised not to drink whilst taking antibiotics,  indeed was told by a G.P friend many years ago that it was an old wives tale and that 'our troops' were told not to drink whilst taking them in an effort to stop the spread of V.D

I am already seeing a flaw in this argument as it could hardly be 'an old wives tale' as penicillin had only recently been discovered. rubschin: rubschin:

I need to ponder on this conundrum for a while.  I may have mis-heard an apostrophe.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 12:51:01 AM »
Miss C it is sooo good to see you getting back to normal  cloud9: cloud9: cloud9:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 12:52:06 AM »
Miss C it is sooo good to see you getting back to normal  cloud9: cloud9: cloud9:

Another oxymoron....... noooo:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 12:53:06 AM »

Thought you were off to bed  evil:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 12:53:47 AM »

Thought you were off to bed  evil:

redface:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 01:12:38 AM »

:thumbsup:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 07:06:30 AM »
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.