Author Topic: The All New Quote Of The Day Thread  (Read 53419 times)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: The All New Quote Of The Day Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2013, 09:48:30 AM »
On Paxman vs Clegg

That’s not entirely true – he is not sneering at politics, he is sneering at politicians and quite rightly too – they are rogues, charlatans, mountebanks and popinjays who feed off the lifeblood of the electorate, arse-raping our wallets to fund their lavish salaries and expenses (not to mention funding the vile unelected and unaccountable fake charities, quangos and various single-issue lobby groups who are intent upon restricting our liberties even further) and reward us with freedom inhibiting legislation such as this truly egregious example. They are the scum of the Earth and every one of them deserves to end up with their heads on spikes outside Traitor’s Gate. Despicable filth that they are. Yup, the media luvvies ain’t far behind, but they are just far enough behind for me to side with them when it comes to a dog-fight. And for Clegg to suggest that Paxman is being parasitic displays a massive lack of self-awareness. But, then, he is a politician, so self-awareness is not to be expected. If he had any, he would take a one-way trip to Dignitas (and take the Cameroid and Milipede with him).

happ096

Clickety-click...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, 11:53:25 AM »
On Paxman vs Clegg

That’s not entirely true – he is not sneering at politics, he is sneering at politicians and quite rightly too – they are rogues, charlatans, mountebanks and popinjays who feed off the lifeblood of the electorate, arse-raping our wallets to fund their lavish salaries and expenses (not to mention funding the vile unelected and unaccountable fake charities, quangos and various single-issue lobby groups who are intent upon restricting our liberties even further) and reward us with freedom inhibiting legislation such as this truly egregious example. They are the scum of the Earth and every one of them deserves to end up with their heads on spikes outside Traitor’s Gate. Despicable filth that they are. Yup, the media luvvies ain’t far behind, but they are just far enough behind for me to side with them when it comes to a dog-fight. And for Clegg to suggest that Paxman is being parasitic displays a massive lack of self-awareness. But, then, he is a politician, so self-awareness is not to be expected. If he had any, he would take a one-way trip to Dignitas (and take the Cameroid and Milipede with him).

happ096

Clickety-click...

Thumbs:

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2013, 08:51:21 PM »
Miss D

Said today

" I am overworked and under pleasured "  noooo:

You missing me Babe...I know...

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 09:41:49 AM »
Miss D

Said today

" I am overworked and under pleasured "  noooo:

You missing me Babe...I know...
rubschin:
I mostly despair

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2013, 09:45:09 AM »
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 08:47:12 PM »
We are told that the troops died for our freedom. That is a big lie. Now it’s true we don’t live under an overt Nazi or Communist government, but are we free?

After a century of mechanised, industrialised warfare, if the troops really died for our freedom, we should be more free than people were in 1913 in Britain. We are not. In 1913 hardly anyone paid income tax now most everyone does. Our money at the time was real gold backed money, not fiat currency and we hardly any national debt. The police didn’t have thousands of different trivial statutes to enforce. The government didn’t lecture us on how much we drank or smoked nor criminalised what we said. We were allowed to be armed in our self-defence. In short, we enjoyed relative freedom.

A hundred years later, all this is gone. So did they really die to make us free? No, they died so a different gang of gangsters could use violence and coercion to enforce their will upon us.

happ096

Clicky....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2013, 08:58:30 PM »
We are told that the troops died for our freedom. That is a big lie. Now it’s true we don’t live under an overt Nazi or Communist government, but are we free?

After a century of mechanised, industrialised warfare, if the troops really died for our freedom, we should be more free than people were in 1913 in Britain. We are not. In 1913 hardly anyone paid income tax now most everyone does. Our money at the time was real gold backed money, not fiat currency and we hardly any national debt. The police didn’t have thousands of different trivial statutes to enforce. The government didn’t lecture us on how much we drank or smoked nor criminalised what we said. We were allowed to be armed in our self-defence. In short, we enjoyed relative freedom.

A hundred years later, all this is gone. So did they really die to make us free? No, they died so a different gang of gangsters could use violence and coercion to enforce their will upon us.

happ096

Clicky....

Thumbs: Thumbs:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2013, 01:42:42 PM »
Didn't really know where this should go, and this seemed somehow an appropriate destination.

It's summat I came across during webanderings today - can it be true?

Or is it (most likely) a wind up?

You choose - maybe we could add another poll . . . .      whistle:
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline barmisspah?

• Fool Member
    • Photobucket
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2013, 02:32:05 PM »

happ096

Clicky....

worthy:

& nicked.
I couldn't ask for better friends. I could ask for more NORMAL friends, but not better ones.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2013, 03:28:14 PM »
Didn't really know where this should go, and this seemed somehow an appropriate destination.

Does The Quorn claim it is flat then...? We should ask Steve....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2013, 05:26:41 PM »

Does The Quorn claim it is flat then...? We should ask Steve....
I prefer Quorn to be flat.

Have I mistook your question?
Well, whatever, nevermind

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2013, 07:21:07 AM »
Freedom is the freedom not to do what some kind of a majority want you to.  Freedom isn’t the right to vote, it’s about what is left to the individual.  And that is precious little thee days.  The state interferes in everything from health and education, to how you must rummage through your own garbage.  It interferes in private contracts and personal diets. It says where you can live, what you can eat and drink and when.  It decides how much of your property it will steal and what means of exchange you must use.  And increasingly it is asking you to account for yourself to its bureaucrats.   It even says what you are allowed to say and what speech is doubleplus ungood.

Clicky...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2013, 07:31:21 AM »
Freedom is the freedom not to do what some kind of a majority want you to.  Freedom isn’t the right to vote, it’s about what is left to the individual.  And that is precious little thee days.  The state interferes in everything from health and education, to how you must rummage through your own garbage.  It interferes in private contracts and personal diets. It says where you can live, what you can eat and drink and when.  It decides how much of your property it will steal and what means of exchange you must use.  And increasingly it is asking you to account for yourself to its bureaucrats.   It even says what you are allowed to say and what speech is doubleplus ungood.

Clicky...

So there are some normal people left then.    angel1
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2013, 10:10:18 AM »

Clicky...

So there are some normal people left then.    angel1
Yes, but they are no longer recruiting.  noooo:
I mostly despair

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2013, 07:46:58 PM »

Clicky...

:thumbsup:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie