Disgusterous

Author Topic: Post Office Exploits ...  (Read 335 times)

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
Post Office Exploits ...
« on: July 19, 2021, 01:13:35 PM »
So Miss T orders loads of stuff online ......Today ..one parcel thrown in garden ... Thumbs:  (we told them this is OK ..)...

One text msg to go to Post Office...went .. Thumbs: 

Get back ..her phone pings ...Delivery here at Post Office .. Banghead...

Now let me explain why this is a balls-ache ....are we sitting comfortably ....?

Since Brexit ....no one knows what duty to pay or not pay..so inside the post office (more to come on that later ).. is full of people arguing .. noooo:

The main one being, ordered from one country but despatched from another ....

(...if you require info on this duty system (or brexit in general) the local chat rooms are a great source of information ....in fact so much information it is ALL wrong ...
you would think Brenda who knits slippers for dogs would be a bit better informed before departing her wisdom to all .??.. noooo:..)...

The MAIN post office in Paphos has a car park for about 12 cars ...(it shares this car park with a bakery/cafe )...this tends to lead to lots of screaming and shouting BEFORE you enter building .. noooo:

Once inside (of course after observing Covid queing and letting one in ..one out )..

it is bedlam ...each counter makes up it's mind what they are doing ?? on a whim ?

Because of import duty ..you have to provide sales invoice the majority of which are on people's phones etc ..(there is no wifi )... noooo:

Add to this it only opens till 1pm (ish)....

The staff there have got "jobs for life" and this reflects is their attitude and willingness to help.. ::)...

Today's mystery was why they chucked an expensive craft drill into the garden where I am pretty sure duty was due .. rubschin:

Whilst I had to drive to Post office to get some "tat" dress that Miss T paid a euro for ... rubschin:

And because the 2nd delivery today (why?? there is only ONE postman ) was delivered ...Wait !!!!!..whilst we were AT the F8777ng Post Office ...we will have the pleasure of repeating the whole process tomorrow ...... surrender: surrender:

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Post Office Exploits ...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 01:30:46 PM »
Yes, more Brexit idiocy. Some of the twat expats immigrants in Spain who voted for it are now whining about the consequences  ::)

Pastis had the sense to learn SPanish and jump through the residency hoops from when he got there. The Express reading tattooed wrinklies on the Costas are enraged....
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 01:57:40 PM »
So Miss T orders loads of stuff online ......Today ..one parcel thrown in garden ... Thumbs:  (we told them this is OK ..)...

Now let me explain why this is a balls-ache ....are we sitting comfortably ....?

Since Brexit ....no one knows what duty to pay or not pay..so inside the post office (more to come on that later ).. is full of people arguing .. noooo:

(...if you require info on this duty system (or brexit in general) the local chat rooms are a great source of information ....in fact so much information it is ALL wrong ...
you would think Brenda who knits slippers for dogs would be a bit better informed before departing her wisdom to all .??.. noooo:..)...

The MAIN post office in Paphos has a car park for about 12 cars ...(it shares this car park with a bakery/cafe )...this tends to lead to lots of screaming and shouting BEFORE you enter building .. noooo:

Once inside (of course after observing Covid queing and letting one in ..one out )..

it is bedlam ...each counter makes up it's mind what they are doing ?? on a whim ?

Because of import duty ..you have to provide sales invoice the majority of which are on people's phones etc ..(there is no wifi )... noooo:

The staff there have got "jobs for life" and this reflects is their attitude and willingness to help.. ::)...

Today's mystery was why they chucked an expensive craft drill into the garden where I am pretty sure duty was due .. rubschin:

Whilst I had to drive to Post office to get some "tat" dress that Miss T paid a euro for ... rubschin:

And because the 2nd delivery today (why?? there is only ONE postman ) was delivered ...Wait !!!!!..whilst we were AT the F8777ng Post Office ...we will have the pleasure of repeating the whole process tomorrow ...... surrender: surrender:

Limassol Post Office is much better organised - and they have free Wi-Fi inside!  Thumbs:

I haven't had anything that has required paying Duty this year...  rubschin:

What I have discovered is that if you order from amazon.de and pay the 'standard' postage, they still send it by UPS anyway!  Thumbs:

I ordered an HDMI cable on the 14th of July. €9.99 + €2.86 delivery. UPS delivered it to the door this morning!  Cheaper than driving into town and paying €2 to park! cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 02:16:05 PM »

Limassol Post Office is much better organised - and they have free Wi-Fi inside!  Thumbs:

I haven't had anything that has required paying Duty this year...  rubschin:

What I have discovered is that if you order from amazon.de and pay the 'standard' postage, they still send it by UPS anyway!  Thumbs:

I ordered an HDMI cable on the 14th of July. €9.99 + €2.86 delivery. UPS delivered it to the door this morning!  Cheaper than driving into town and paying €2 to park! cloud9:

Not a clue where Miss T orders from ... rubschin:  the majority get chucked in garden .. Thumbs:  and don't think we have paid duty yet .. rubschin:  the only prob was the flop-flop fiasco ..I mentioned before ... noooo: