Author Topic: International Football  (Read 19761 times)

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
Re: International Football
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 10:47:53 PM »
In the end you were well beaten and that idiot linesman was a big help to you

But for 75 minutes it was a very close game.  Strachan has worked wonders

My friend Gordon I used to play football with him as a child in his back garden.... honest  ;)

Another Ginge.  noooo:

Not any more  cry:

Lucky for him, what dye does he use?  rubschin:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 10:48:49 PM »

My friend Gordon I used to play football with him as a child in his back garden.... honest  ;)

Another Ginge.  noooo:

Not any more  cry:

None he's grey  noooo:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 10:49:59 PM »

Another Ginge.  noooo:

Not any more  cry:

None he's grey  noooo:

Anti Ginge dye you say?  rubschin:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 10:52:19 PM »

Another Ginge.  noooo:

Not any more  cry:

None he's grey  noooo:

Anti Ginge dye you say?  rubschin:

noooo: noooo: ::)

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 06:17:15 AM »

I know he's small .......but kicking him round your garden....... noooo:

lol:

He doesn't suffer fools gladly...

Reporter: "Gordon, can we have a quick word please?"
Strachan: "Velocity" (walks off).

I've got more important things to think about. I've got a yogurt to finish by today, the expiry date is today. That can be my priority rather than Agustin Delgado.

Reporter: "Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?"
Strachan: "No, I'm just going to crumble like a wreck. I'll go home, become an alcoholic and maybe jump off a bridge. Umm, I think I can take it, yeah."

"I tried to get the disappointment out of my system by going for a walk. I ended up 17 miles from home and I had to phone my wife, Lesley to come and pick me up."

Reporter: "Gordon, do you think James Beattie deserves to be in the England squad?"
Strachan: "I don't care, I'm Scottish."

Reporter: "Gordon, you must be delighted with that result?"
Strachan: "You're spot on! You can read me like a book!"

Reporter: "Welcome to Southampton Football Club. Do you think you are the right man to turn things around?"
Strachan: "No. I was asked if I thought I was the right man for the job and I said: 'No, I think they should have got George Graham because I'm useless.'"

Reporter: "There's no negative vibes or negative feelings here?"
Strachan: "Apart from yourself, we're all quite positive round here. I'm going to whack you over the head with a big stick. Down negative man, down!"

On good friend and former Aberdeen teammate Alex McLeish: "We even competed for the acne cream when we were younger. Obviously, I won that one."

Reporter: "So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?"
Strachan: "What areas? Mainly that big green one out there..."

Talking about Wayne Rooney: "It's an incredible rise to stardom. At 17 you're more likely to get a call from Michael Jackson than Sven Goran Eriksson."

On Eric Cantona's bizarre press conference: "If a Frenchman goes on about seagulls, trawlers and sardines, he’s called a philosopher. I’d just be called a short Scottish bum talking crap."

“Pahars has also caught every virus going except a computer virus and he is probably working on that even now.”

Reporter: "This might sound like a daft question, but you'll be happy to get your first win under your belt, won't you?"
Strachan: "You're right. It is a daft question. I'm not even going to bother answering that one. It is a daft question, you're spot on there."

Talking about being attacked by a Celtic fan while an Aberdeen player in 1980: "It's always great fun getting attacked. One of the highlights of my career. The fella who beat me up got fined £100 for that but they had a whip-round in the pub and he got £200!"

On his cooking ability: "It's embarrassing, I'm not proud of it. I can't even make myself anything to eat. I had to phone her and she said, 'I've left something to put in the microwave'. An hour later and I'm asking, "Where's the microwave?""

Reporter: "Is that your best start to a season?"
Strachan: "Well I've still got a job so it's far better than the Coventry one, that's for sure."

Reporter: "You don't take losing lightly, do you Gordon?"
Strachan: "I don't take stupid comments lightly either."

“I have discovered that when you go to Anfield or Old Trafford, it pays not to wear a coloured shirt because everyone can see the stains as the pressure mounts. I always wear a white shirt so nobody sees you sweat.”

On Sir Alex Ferguson while at Aberdeen: "He used to play tapes of Bill Shankly talking. I remember that and a singer he liked. I don't know who it was but it was crap. He played it on the team bus too, and all the boys hated it. Until one night it got chucked away. If he's still wondering who threw that tape off the bus, it was me. So maybe he was right and I'm not to be trusted."

lol:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 06:22:43 AM »
 lol: lol: lol:
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 07:33:23 AM »
 lol: lol: lol: lol:

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 07:34:49 AM »

lol:

He doesn't suffer fools gladly...

Reporter: "Gordon, can we have a quick word please?"
Strachan: "Velocity" (walks off).

I've got more important things to think about. I've got a yogurt to finish by today, the expiry date is today. That can be my priority rather than Agustin Delgado.

Reporter: "Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?"
Strachan: "No, I'm just going to crumble like a wreck. I'll go home, become an alcoholic and maybe jump off a bridge. Umm, I think I can take it, yeah."

"I tried to get the disappointment out of my system by going for a walk. I ended up 17 miles from home and I had to phone my wife, Lesley to come and pick me up."

Reporter: "Gordon, do you think James Beattie deserves to be in the England squad?"
Strachan: "I don't care, I'm Scottish."

Reporter: "Gordon, you must be delighted with that result?"
Strachan: "You're spot on! You can read me like a book!"

Reporter: "Welcome to Southampton Football Club. Do you think you are the right man to turn things around?"
Strachan: "No. I was asked if I thought I was the right man for the job and I said: 'No, I think they should have got George Graham because I'm useless.'"

Reporter: "There's no negative vibes or negative feelings here?"
Strachan: "Apart from yourself, we're all quite positive round here. I'm going to whack you over the head with a big stick. Down negative man, down!"

On good friend and former Aberdeen teammate Alex McLeish: "We even competed for the acne cream when we were younger. Obviously, I won that one."

Reporter: "So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?"
Strachan: "What areas? Mainly that big green one out there..."

Talking about Wayne Rooney: "It's an incredible rise to stardom. At 17 you're more likely to get a call from Michael Jackson than Sven Goran Eriksson."

On Eric Cantona's bizarre press conference: "If a Frenchman goes on about seagulls, trawlers and sardines, he’s called a philosopher. I’d just be called a short Scottish bum talking crap."

“Pahars has also caught every virus going except a computer virus and he is probably working on that even now.”

Reporter: "This might sound like a daft question, but you'll be happy to get your first win under your belt, won't you?"
Strachan: "You're right. It is a daft question. I'm not even going to bother answering that one. It is a daft question, you're spot on there."

Talking about being attacked by a Celtic fan while an Aberdeen player in 1980: "It's always great fun getting attacked. One of the highlights of my career. The fella who beat me up got fined £100 for that but they had a whip-round in the pub and he got £200!"

On his cooking ability: "It's embarrassing, I'm not proud of it. I can't even make myself anything to eat. I had to phone her and she said, 'I've left something to put in the microwave'. An hour later and I'm asking, "Where's the microwave?""

Reporter: "Is that your best start to a season?"
Strachan: "Well I've still got a job so it's far better than the Coventry one, that's for sure."

Reporter: "You don't take losing lightly, do you Gordon?"
Strachan: "I don't take stupid comments lightly either."

“I have discovered that when you go to Anfield or Old Trafford, it pays not to wear a coloured shirt because everyone can see the stains as the pressure mounts. I always wear a white shirt so nobody sees you sweat.”

On Sir Alex Ferguson while at Aberdeen: "He used to play tapes of Bill Shankly talking. I remember that and a singer he liked. I don't know who it was but it was crap. He played it on the team bus too, and all the boys hated it. Until one night it got chucked away. If he's still wondering who threw that tape off the bus, it was me. So maybe he was right and I'm not to be trusted."

lol:

AFFS........ noooo:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 05:28:53 PM »
I know, and I think it was me that posted it  redface:

Anyway, it's not an Affs, it's like the BBC don't have repeats, "it's another chance to see"  :thumbsup:

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 07:51:19 AM »

Anyway, it's not an Affs, it's like the BBC don't have repeats, "it's another chance to see"  :thumbsup:

JOM on demand.... Thumbs:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 10:44:44 AM »

His was a strange boy from memory .... a real loner ... My cousin and I used to take the piss .. his mum was lovely. ;D

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 05:23:23 PM »

JOM on demand.... Thumbs:

:thumbsup:

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2013, 11:23:51 PM »
So England lost both their friendlies ........ noooo:  did not watch ......any views....... rubschin:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2013, 11:30:48 PM »
So England lost both their friendlies ........ noooo:  did not watch ......any views....... rubschin:

I saw about 30 mins himself turned it off so boring..... the score was England 0 Germany 1  ::)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2013, 11:36:37 PM »
Theo Walcott please get fit soon

IMHO these were two games too far in 2013 and it how we play in he friendlies next spring that counts more.   
Well, whatever, nevermind