Come Inside... > The Restaurant

Funeral buffets

(1/13) > >>

Nick:
Made the mistake of going back to the wake thing. It was at a British Legion Club, which was an experience. It was decorated with oil paintings of battleships and spitfires and there was a picture of the Queen c. 1960.

There was the buffet. Mystery sandwiches, buns, tea, samosas, pork pies, Scotch eggs, weeny pizzas, other stuff.

I tucked in. noooo:

I regret it now  noooo:

Some mystery spicey stuff is repeating on me and it was at a funny time of day (3.00) . I bet everyone there is regretting it now  noooo:

boogs:
Never understand why they do that.... The food is usually like that... and either too much or not enough... noooo:

When we lost Dad 18 months ago Mum refused to have any of that and we all went to a nice restaurant and had beautiful home made soup with fresh bread then home made pastry's and cake ... It was lovely.... He would have loved it..  cloud9:

Fitting end .. cloud9:

Steve:

--- Quote from: Nick (GC First Class) on August 12, 2013, 05:36:49 PM ---Made the mistake of going back to the wake thing. It was at a British Legion Club, which was an experience. It was decorated with oil paintings of battleships and spitfires and there was a picture of the Queen c. 1960.

There was the buffet. Mystery sandwiches, buns, tea, samosas, pork pies, Scotch eggs, weeny pizzas, other stuff.

I tucked in. noooo:

I regret it now  noooo:

Some mystery spicey stuff is repeating on me and it was at a funny time of day (3.00) . I bet everyone there is regretting it now  noooo:

--- End quote ---
I expect the deceased would rather not have had to be there either

Nick:
He wasn't  ::)  We left him at the crematorium  :thumbsup:

Steve:

--- Quote from: Nick (GC First Class) on August 12, 2013, 06:25:16 PM ---He wasn't  ::)  We left him at the crematorium  :thumbsup:

--- End quote ---
Safest option

yes that was a bit of a doh: by me wasn't it  redface:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version