Disgusterous

Author Topic: Sad Ex-Pats.  (Read 33602 times)

Offline Miss Adventure

• Wet behind the ears
Re: Sad Ex-Pats.
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2015, 04:47:53 PM »
A Cypriot has joined their forum......let the fun begin......... ;D ;D  (no it's not me )....

I saw that this morning!  eveilgrin:

One thread locked already......... noooo:

lol: lol: lol:

I just went onto CL for the first time, I can't believe it....talk about get a life, they do realise that we are the immigrants in this country, no wonder the cyps generally hate us!

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2015, 04:54:55 PM »
A Cypriot has joined their forum......let the fun begin......... ;D ;D  (no it's not me )....

I just went onto CL for the first time, I can't believe it....talk about get a life, they do realise that we are the immigrants in this country, no wonder the cyps generally hate us!

I know ...that's why I've been banned about 6 times........ noooo:

Offline Miss Adventure

• Wet behind the ears
« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2015, 05:57:53 PM »

Good on yer Thumbs: They all need to get out more. It's not quite so bad in Larnaca, not so many Brits - apart from Oroklini of course.....

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2015, 06:02:23 PM »

Only twice for me....  angel1
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2015, 04:44:21 PM »
Unbelievable.....

"Do not use the forum name to gain discount!!

If we / I organise a PP event in a restaurant, please do not go the same restaurant at a later date, (in the case that has been brought to our attention, 10 days later) and ask for the same deal that you saw Paphos People got because you are a forum member!!!
In this instance, the restaurant owners have been VERY good friends to Paphos People and being worried that they might upset ‘the forum’, agreed to let ‘the party’ have the ‘special price’
With immediate effect, anyone caught using the forum name to gain discounts at any of our partner restaurants will be banned for life from the forum..."

I am not a member ..........worth a try.... rubschin:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2015, 10:52:19 AM »
twas an article on BBC this morning about Ex Pats annoyed at losing the vote after 15 years away

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32305569

Yeah it should be changed.  How about 15 months then?  OK 5 years seems right.  if you haven't paid any serious taxes, spent your pension or worked or tried to work here for that long just why should you get a vote?

So that's me firing from the hip, in all honesty I don't know what is right but would like to know the other side of the argument.  What do the Smuggers various think?
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #141 on: April 15, 2015, 12:11:00 PM »
twas an article on BBC this morning about Ex Pats annoyed at losing the vote after 15 years away

Yeah it should be changed.  How about 15 months then?  OK 5 years seems right.  if you haven't paid any serious taxes, spent your pension or worked or tried to work here for that long just why should you get a vote?

So that's me firing from the hip, in all honesty I don't know what is right but would like to know the other side of the argument.  What do the Smuggers various think?

I'm ambivalent....

I'm not registered to vote this time.... I didn't vote last time....

But I still take a great deal of interest in the UK....

... I still have family there, my pension, etc.

So I reckon after living there 40+ years, paying vast amounts in taxes, etc. my opinion (and vote) should have as much (if not more) value as that of somebody that has just moved to the country...

Am registered to vote in Cyprus but only at the local level - not national elections....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2015, 05:22:50 PM »
. . . and with the debate about Winter Fuel payment up for debate, what's the betting that, if they get that removed, your pension will be next . . .
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2015, 05:39:28 PM »
. . . and with the debate about Winter Fuel payment up for debate, what's the betting that, if they get that removed, your pension will be next . . .

Zackly....

...assuming I live to 175 to get it of course.... ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline beerhead

• Wet behind the ears
  • Not quite a regular
« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2015, 08:10:12 PM »
The winter fuel thing. My partner's sister retired to a boat parked somewhere in Spain but still claims to be based at our UK address, so my lady only gets half of this. I have just shopped sis to the DHSS with great gusto !
Not quite a regular ! Regular as clockwork me !

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2015, 08:47:08 PM »
The winter fuel thing. My partner's sister retired to a boat parked somewhere in Spain but still claims to be based at our UK address, so my lady only gets half of this. I have just shopped sis to the DHSS with great gusto !
:thumbsup:  this year's Christmas cards might be a little spiky though

Offline Miss Adventure

• Wet behind the ears
« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2015, 04:47:36 AM »

I'm ambivalent....

I'm not registered to vote this time.... I didn't vote last time....

But I still take a great deal of interest in the UK....

... I still have family there, my pension, etc.

So I reckon after living there 40+ years, paying vast amounts in taxes, etc. my opinion (and vote) should have as much (if not more) value as that of somebody that has just moved to the country...

Am registered to vote in Cyprus but only at the local level - not national elections....

I have lived outside the UK longer than I lived in it and although I watch it all with great interest, I don't really feel as though I am entitled to a say. I won't vote this time.

Swillmore is a Brit by birth and worked 14 years in the UK, and gets a full pension because he paid up 4k. It's a massive Ponzi scheme, he only had to live 9 months past 65 to get his money back. Ridiculous, whoever does the sums wants shooting... He spent his working life in Aussie but gets nothing as it is means tested.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2015, 09:16:30 AM »
Ta for the inputs all.

" a massive Ponzi scheme"  So true, just used that phrase on another forum.

BTW as I read his manifesto, Farage would effectively end most ex pat voting by killing off most postal voting (and incidentally bringing in PR)  But I digress.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2015, 12:49:17 AM »
On another forum some numpty asked "what is with all the military aircraft activity here at the moment"   eeek:  Banghead

Now they must have internet to post it... noooo:

In fairness ,,nobody bothered to answer.... ;D

I was gonna say they are aid jets for Cumbria.... whistle:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:50:55 AM by apc2010 »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #149 on: December 10, 2015, 05:40:12 AM »
On another forum some numpty asked "what is with all the military aircraft activity here at the moment"   eeek:  Banghead

Now they must have internet to post it... noooo:

In fairness ,,nobody bothered to answer.... ;D

I was gonna say they are aid jets for Cumbria.... whistle:

;D
Pro Skub  Thumbs: