Disgusterous

Author Topic: Mercedes and Pirelli stand before the beak as the accused  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Mercedes and Pirelli stand before the beak as the accused
« on: June 20, 2013, 01:03:01 PM »
Good link this with updates

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/8783549/FIA-Tribunal-updates

FIA hearing into Testgate in session in Paris; FIA stress they did not approve the test and Mercedes did not receive explicit permission to stage the test; 'informal communications' held with Charlie Whiting via phone and email but governing body maintain that permissible conditions in which the test could take place were not met.

Mercedes reiterate test was conducted by Pirelli and that tyre firm set session's parameters; Team claim they didn't need to check test was permissible but 'cautious' Ross Brawn did anyway and was given the green light; Mercedes admit asking drivers to run in unmarked helmets was wrong; Insist if they should be charged with Article 151c then so should Ferrari for their Barcelona test, as 'not substantial difference' between 2013 and 2011 cars.

Silly last point that by Merc

I reckon a mahoosive fine and suspended race(s) ban for Merc which they'll say is wrong but accept in the interest of the sport.  But what for Mario no mates Pirelli?
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
Re: Mercedes and Pirelli stand before the beak as the accused
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 02:45:01 PM »
There seems to be something like this every year now .... I also seems to be teams that Lewis is involved in so if they are found guilty which is looking very likely once again he will be the looser through association... rubschin:

Funny how when there are issues where Ferrari are involved nothing or very little happens ... rubschin:

And of course the Prima Donnas of the moment Red Bull another team who seam to get away with no or little retribution for anything they do... I do like Christian Horner (not as much as Suzy tho has anyone else noticed how she goes all giggly and the body language tells you he is not comfortable with it makes me laugh) but
they push their luck and seem to escape.... confused:

I like and respect Ross Brawn and think he is a hardworking honest man, that has been my belief since his Benetton days he always seems to be an open book.. Always says if they have made a mistake and takes responsibility.. I suspect on this occasion he will have done that once to often sadly. Got to say I don't know enough about Paddy Lowe to comment but I do know that if Ross goes it will be a sad loss to the team who he has virtually built from nothing and to F1 as a whole IMHO .  eeek:

BTW that does seem a good link ... :thumbsup:

You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 12:03:18 PM »
And the verdict is they have been told they are very naughty and they must not do it again

Good one, I sense the hand of Bernie in making people see sense

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 12:05:02 PM »
And the verdict is they have been told they are very naughty and they must not do it again

Glad to hear it.. Just got in not heard anything.... :thumbsup:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 12:09:05 PM »

Only just out more here:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22999260

and in more detail

http://www.fia.com/news/international-tribunal-0
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 12:11:03 PM by Steve »

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 12:21:09 PM »

Only just out more here:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22999260

and in more detail

http://www.fia.com/news/international-tribunal-0

Thank you ... :thumbsup: