Author Topic: Fanatical Anti-Smokers...  (Read 40852 times)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Fanatical Anti-Smokers...
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2013, 03:57:05 PM »
Never smoked, never wanted to.
Hate the smell.
Saddler smokes but does so in the dining room with the back door open (bless him).
I have never been a rabid anti smoker, my feeling is it's your life to do with as you choose.

Quite right...  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2013, 04:27:08 PM »
[statto mode] current scores on the doors

Smokers:  Nick, Apey, TMR       3

Given it up: Steve,                  1

Never/Not really:  Barman, Barmisspah,    2

Well, whatever, nevermind

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2013, 04:35:11 PM »
[statto mode] current scores on the doors

Smokers:  Nick, Apey, TMR       3

LL smokes.... as does Booger....  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2013, 04:40:05 PM »
updated scores on the doors

Smokers:  Nick, Apey, TMR, Landlady, Boogs       5

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2013, 04:43:54 PM »
About 3 weeks ago I was in the pub nearest to my place, a couple on the outside table next to me started spluttering. They got up and moved while mumbling something. The next day the same happened but I managed to hear the chap say "We don't want to get cancer!". Over the last couple of weeks they have managed to come out with the same statement each day.

Today I pointed out that if they go inside it is a nonsmoking area and they will have no problem (it is stifling in there, landlord too tight to put on the air-con), she would not have it.  noooo: I pointed out that I have to go outside in all weathers to have a ciggy and she cannot have her cake and eat it as there are designated areas for the full 12 months and I have to put up with the weather no matter what. The owld bag got up and went.  Thumbs:

You need to update again Steve. Thumbs:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2013, 04:47:01 PM »
About 3 weeks ago I was in the pub nearest to my place, a couple on the outside table next to me started spluttering. They got up and moved while mumbling something. The next day the same happened but I managed to hear the chap say "We don't want to get cancer!". Over the last couple of weeks they have managed to come out with the same statement each day.

Today I pointed out that if they go inside it is a nonsmoking area and they will have no problem (it is stifling in there, landlord too tight to put on the air-con), she would not have it.  noooo: I pointed out that I have to go outside in all weathers to have a ciggy and she cannot have her cake and eat it as there are designated areas for the full 12 months and I have to put up with the weather no matter what. The owld bag got up and went.  Thumbs:

The propaganda is ghastly isn't it...?  noooo:

These same people will soon be believing in second-hand alcohol and second-hand fat....  ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2013, 04:47:59 PM »
it's a smokers landslide:

Smokers:  Nick, Apey, TMR, Landlady, Boogs, Baldy      6

Given it up: Steve,                                                          1

Never/Not really:  Barman, Barmisspah,                        2

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2013, 04:52:51 PM »
it's a smokers landslide:

Smokers:  Nick, Apey, TMR, Landlady, Boogs, Baldy      6

Given it up: Steve,                                                          1

Never/Not really:  Barman, Barmisspah,                        2

Misty smokes....  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2013, 04:55:28 PM »
fumes you say

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2013, 04:58:01 PM »

These same people will soon be believing in second-hand alcohol and second-hand fat....  ::)

Owld bag cheap perfume fumes might be something I could hit back with.....but then she would come into the pub smelling of owld laydee piss. I'm not sure which would be worserer.  noooo:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2013, 06:51:25 PM »
Non-smoker here. But if people want to, let 'em
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2013, 06:55:15 PM »

Owld bag cheap perfume fumes might be something I could hit back with.....but then she would come into the pub smelling of owld laydee piss. I'm not sure which would be worserer.  noooo:

Well, they banned perfume in Halifax....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2013, 09:50:18 PM »

Well, they banned perfume in Halifax....  noooo:

They are used to the smell of fish there, they prolly like it. Not me.  noooo:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2013, 09:02:56 AM »
it's still a smokers landslide but wot about Miss C, Miss D, Uncle, Pastis and the Bear:

Smokers:  Nick, Apey, TMR, Landlady, Boogs, Baldy, Miss T      7

Given it up: Steve,                                                                1

Never/Not really:  Barman, Barmisspah,  JOM                        3

. .They are used to the smell of fish there, they prolly like it. Not me.  noooo:

You could do a "who smells like fish"  poll like
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:05:06 AM by Steve »

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2013, 09:05:14 AM »
it's still a smokers landslide but wot about Miss C, Miss D, Uncle, Pastis and the Bear:

Smokers:  Nick, Apey, TMR, Landlady, Boogs, Baldy, Miss T      7

Given it up: Steve,                                                                1

Never/Not really:  Barman, Barmisspah,  JOM                        3

. .They are used to the smell of fish there, they prolly like it. Not me.  noooo:

You could do a "who smells like fish"  poll like

The bear smokes.......