Author Topic: I WANT!  (Read 100554 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: I WANT!
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2015, 04:48:21 PM »
Isn't LL in the UK at the moment and eager to smuggle a lethal gadget to BM so he can gub it?  rubschin:

whistle:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2015, 05:00:31 PM »
Isn't LL in the UK at the moment and eager to smuggle a lethal gadget to BM so he can gub it?  rubschin:

whistle:

If that's the case then cut out the middle woman and just send it to Nottingham...  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2015, 06:14:48 PM »

whistle:

If that's the case then cut out the middle woman and just send it to Nottingham...  whistle:

lol: lol: lol:

I presume the issue is the teeny-tiny (320mAh) lithium battery.... ::)

Fuck Amazon, I have ordered it (cheaper) from an ebay seller in Chermany.....  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2015, 06:15:19 PM »
PS Don't tell LL about it.....  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2015, 06:29:46 PM »
I have some cheese here, hang on
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2015, 07:31:39 PM »

Just an observation but mentioning it on here where means that LL is bound to find out, especially when you narked Misty with an earlier comment...  noooo:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2015, 07:37:10 PM »

Just an observation but mentioning it on here where means that LL is bound to find out, especially when you narked Misty with an earlier comment...  noooo:

rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2015, 09:09:07 AM »

rubschin:

And your new watch would easily fit into one of these...  whistle:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3009680/60-smart-safe-locks-away-favourite-things-opens-complete-certain-tasks.html

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2015, 11:21:22 AM »

rubschin:

And your new watch would easily fit into one of these...  whistle:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3009680/60-smart-safe-locks-away-favourite-things-opens-complete-certain-tasks.html

eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2015, 11:43:28 AM »

rubschin:

noooo:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2015, 11:59:12 AM »

Fuck Amazon, I have ordered it (cheaper) from an ebay seller in Chermany.....  cloud9:
[serious]  so what do you want a smart watch to do for you?   I don't want a watch I can talk to or that then tells me the weather or lets me google search - and that's how they advertise it.  But one that tells me when I have an important email or appointment due could be very useful.

[less serious] now we have a "fuck Amazon" policy is the link on the page going to change to an eBay link?
Well, whatever, nevermind

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2015, 12:09:16 PM »

[serious]  so what do you want a smart watch to do for you?   I don't want a watch I can talk to or that then tells me the weather or lets me google search - and that's how they advertise it.  But one that tells me when I have an important email or appointment due could be very useful.

[less serious] now we have a "fuck Amazon" policy is the link on the page going to change to an eBay link?

Well....

To be honest, I've always had a 'thing' about watches and have quite a collection....

...this one allows me to have a different watch (face) every day if I want.... Some of them are beautiful.... Plus, I hope that I can make a face (you can create your own) that allows me to see the time and date without squinting as I have to with my Seiko Kinetic....

So, it looks to be a very attractive and flexible watch for me first and foremost...

In addition, I've quite got into 'OK Google' thing and find it quite useful - see also, setting reminders and setting the alarm, etc.

And lastly, as you say you can be informed of important e-mails - you can set filters so that you don't get informed every time somebody posts a picture of their breakfast on Faceache or anything like that...

...it clearly is Version 1.0 of the software (and phone) and I don't doubt that more powerful models will be available in time but I am excited about having this one now....

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2015, 12:14:33 PM »

Well....

To be honest, I've always had a 'thing' about watches and have quite a collection....

...this one allows me to have a different watch (face) every day if I want.... Some of them are beautiful.... Plus, I hope that I can make a face (you can create your own) that allows me to see the time and date without squinting as I have to with my Seiko Kinetic....

So, it looks to be a very attractive and flexible watch for me first and foremost...

In addition, I've quite got into 'OK Google' thing and find it quite useful - see also, setting reminders and setting the alarm, etc.

And lastly, as you say you can be informed of important e-mails - you can set filters so that you don't get informed every time somebody posts a picture of their breakfast on Faceache or anything like that...

...it clearly is Version 1.0 of the software (and phone) and I don't doubt that more powerful models will be available in time but I am excited about having this one now....

I like watches too........but have stopped wearing them........ rubschin:

My cartier is automatic type thingy ...I haven't worn it for so long I thinks it will need re-setting.....it's last service cost me 300 snotters.... Shocked:

My fav is a "speedo" (not the trunks)....of a 356 porsche..... cloud9:   but hard to use... redface:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2015, 12:22:25 PM »

Well....

Ta, will be interested to see how you get on with it.   The early smart watches of years by were clearly bollocks but these seem to be a real deal by linking them to the phone.

Problem is I really like contemporary style watches.  One I've had over 40 years and still works fine but then I like gadgets too. 
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2015, 08:42:29 PM »