Author Topic: A Broken Wing  (Read 6122 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: A Broken Wing
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 08:28:57 AM »
Christus - have just seen this thread - sorry Snoops...

Shall I send Nick round to help like...?  Thumbs:

The dear boy has already offered his services but he says he is no good at ironing ..... and I have a mountain of it to get through ..... Is Misty free?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 09:08:43 AM »
Christus - have just seen this thread - sorry Snoops...

Shall I send Nick round to help like...?  Thumbs:

The dear boy has already offered his services but he says he is no good at ironing ..... and I have a mountain of it to get through ..... Is Misty free?

She seems to have most of the equipment  rubschin:

LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 10:13:42 AM »
Just called the orthopedic ward and spoken to the Staff Nurse in charge.
Told her the tale ~ She says it is a disgrace and promised to do all she can to get something organised, then she'll call me back.
She seems to think that "Admin" have cocked up so she is calling Woodstock's notes up and is going to see what and why, then she'll have a go at the doctors.
Fingers crossed she'll get something sorted for tomorrow or Monday .... If not I'll be onto the Health Board and our MP...... might also contact the local press.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 12:35:15 PM »
Woodstock was in surgery for 5 hours yesterday afternoon/evening, followed by 2 hours in "recovery".
I have spoken to her this morning and she reports that she is now in more pain than before they operated.

I will be going in to see her this evening and will, VP Site Hosts permitting, report tomorrow.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 09:39:10 AM »
Woodstock is home!

It seems that when the surgeon got inside her shoulder a whole piece of the shoulder blade had broken off and had slipped down behind the remaining lump. The CT scan failed to pick that up so it came as a surprise to them. He said it was like doing a jigsaw puzzle trying to fit all the bits back together ~ hence the length of the operation. Some smaller pieces have had to be left out with the whole shoulder joint now being covered in a metal plate. She also has two screws holding the arm bone together. They did have to sever the nerve that controls hand movement and feeling. Fortunately they seem to have put that back together well as she can move her fingers and has some feeling in them.
Loads of exercises to do to keep/improve hand and finger movement ~ back to have xrays done and the stitches removed in two weeks + see the physio for more exercises for her shoulder and upper arm.
At least three months before she can drive they reckon.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2012, 09:45:42 AM »
Woodstock is home!

It seems that when the surgeon got inside her shoulder a whole piece of the shoulder blade had broken off and had slipped down behind the remaining lump. The CT scan failed to pick that up so it came as a surprise to them. He said it was like doing a jigsaw puzzle trying to fit all the bits back together ~ hence the length of the operation. Some smaller pieces have had to be left out with the whole shoulder joint now being covered in a metal plate. She also has two screws holding the arm bone together. They did have to sever the nerve that controls hand movement and feeling. Fortunately they seem to have put that back together well as she can move her fingers and has some feeling in them.
Loads of exercises to do to keep/improve hand and finger movement ~ back to have xrays done and the stitches removed in two weeks + see the physio for more exercises for her shoulder and upper arm.

Ouch...........

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2012, 10:29:24 AM »
ouch. sue them  eveilgrin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Online Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2012, 02:49:17 PM »

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2012, 02:51:37 PM »
medical negligence
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2012, 04:19:20 PM »
Oh Snoops what with one thing and another I have only just seen this thread. happy100 happy100 happy100 happy100 To you and Woodstock. Your/her experience sounds truly horrendous.  Please pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery to Woodstock.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2012, 09:10:55 PM »
Woodstock is home!

Poor girl.  noooo:

Still, you will be fully experienced in all the domestic duties soon.  ;)
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2012, 11:24:30 AM »
May peace, happiness and prosperity be in and on his house along with a lav seat that is in a permanently down position. angel1
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2012, 09:21:40 AM »
May peace, happiness and prosperity be in and on his house along with a lav seat that is in a permanently down position. angel1

I did explain to the boys that Mum is finding it hard to have to put the seat down so would they please make sure they did so when they used the toilet.
Woodstock countermanded this instruction as she said they were p*ssing on the seat and she was getting a wet arse.

There are some battles I am doomed not to win!  Banghead Banghead Banghead

AND whilst in the bathroom can anyone explain why, when I cleaned the bathroom yesterday, the bidet was full of black Labrador hairs?

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2012, 09:44:23 AM »
AND whilst in the bathroom can anyone explain why, when I cleaned the bathroom yesterday, the bidet was full of black Labrador hairs?

You of all people should know that water from a drinking fountain tastes better than that from the toilet bowl.

Alternatively, the dog prefers to drink warm water.
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2012, 09:50:14 AM »

You of all people should know that water from a drinking fountain tastes better than that from the toilet bowl.

Alternatively, the dog prefers to drink warm water.

rubschin:

How'd he turn the taps on?